Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'm by the question.
Who knows? In the topic, he asked "And, Just What Is The NCHSAA ???"

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Nov 06, 2011, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Really? Really? You can't tell the difference in eyeliner that's worn under the eyelashes versus a streak of eye black worn on the cheek like a football player?

Nobody is outlawing makeup. It's not eyeliner. It's a black streak of paint the width of a finger on the cheek under the eye.

It started with VB player who painted the school logo on the side of the player's face, a shoulder, etc. It progressed from there.

It's no different than the NFHS restricting eye black in football. It must be a single streak with no wording. No face black or war paint.
The point is someone could wear their makeup heavier and heavier to the point it approaches the same look as paint. Where exactly is the line? What if they did put a line under their eye using eyeliner....maybe 10-20 lines really close together such that it sort of looks the same as paint?

I just see it as being overly officious to outlaw unoffensive markings.
Old Sun Nov 06, 2011, 10:44pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Exclamation

Quote:
There are no little corners in NC.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 06:57am
Esteemed Forum Member

Some Of Them Must Be Little ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
There are no little corners in NC.
Maybe there are no "little" corners in the Tar Heel State, but there are still plenty of corners: Spiveys Corner, Aarons Corner, Hastings Corner, Skippers Corner, Rabbit Corner, and Cox Corner.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Nov 07, 2011 at 07:03am.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 07:03am
Esteemed Forum Member

Body Paint, Face Paint ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I'm by the question.
Just looking for the exact wording.

The more this is discussed, the more I seem to recall that the NFHS came out with some type of interpretation regarding this topic, i.e. face paint, maybe twenty, or twenty-five, years ago. Maybe I'm confusing this with the NFHS interpretation on tattoos that came out about fifteen years ago?

Maybe Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. will be moseying along shortly to guide us down memory lane?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:45am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
It was the topic question that confused me. Billy could have figured that out.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
The point is someone could wear their makeup heavier and heavier to the point it approaches the same look as paint. Where exactly is the line? What if they did put a line under their eye using eyeliner....maybe 10-20 lines really close together such that it sort of looks the same as paint?
You're really making much ado about nothing.

It doesn't matter how much eye makeup they put on their eyes. When they start using eye makeup on their cheeks or their forehead, then it will be an issue. We use common sense and in the 5 years this has been in place, it hasn't been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
BODY PAINT: No face/body paint is allowed, regular season or playoffs.

I sure hope that helps.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

Whose line is it anyway?

So Mimi from the Drew Carey show wouldn't be allowed to play? She would make quite the post presence.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 08:04pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Maybe there are no "little" corners in the Tar Heel State, but there are still plenty of corners: Spiveys Corner, Aarons Corner, Hastings Corner, Skippers Corner, Rabbit Corner, and Cox Corner.
In all the time it took you to find that stuff, you could have figured out that NCHSAA stands for North Carolina High School Athletic Assn. Or something similar. If someone indicates something is a state rule, there is no need for a citation. If a whole bunch of states have rules like that, it may mean that the Fed will take notice. Vermont & NH both have mouth guard rules. They differ from each other. A statement from an official in those states is really all that is needed. In FL, we have a running clock rule in the 2nd half if one team gets a 35 point lead. Unless someone else from a particular state calls someone on it, it really does not need a citation from a state guideline book. Just sayin'.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2011, 09:44pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:

The more this is discussed, the more I seem to recall that the NFHS came out with some type of interpretation regarding this topic, i.e. face paint, maybe twenty, or twenty-five, years ago. Maybe I'm confusing this with the NFHS interpretation on tattoos that came out about fifteen years ago?

Maybe Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. will be moseying along shortly to guide us down memory lane?
The exact wording I'd what NCHSAA stands for?
Old Tue Nov 08, 2011, 01:15pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_ref View Post
So Mimi from the Drew Carey show wouldn't be allowed to play? She would make quite the post presence.

ROFLMAO!!!

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Nov 08, 2011, 01:26pm
Administrator

Quote:

I can not remember any NFHS, NCAA, or NBCUSC Comment on the Rules, Editorial, Interpretation, or Points of Emphasis with regard to this situation in my 41 years of officiating.

That said, with regard to eye makeup, I am not going down that road, especially in a boys' game, .

Regarding face paint, if I was the HC of a girls' team and my players were intimidated by opponents who has its school's school mascot painted on their cheeks, then I need to players.

Regarding eye black, I could never understand how eye black helped reduce glare for baseball, softball, and football players, that said, I would not doubt that there are players who may have problems with the glare from bright lights and if it helps players in outdoor sports then it could possibly help basketball players. Of course I can see prohibiting players who paint their players like KISS or the Insane Clown Posse, .

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Nov 08, 2011, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Regarding eye black, I could never understand how eye black helped reduce glare for baseball, softball, and football players, that said, I would not doubt that there are players who may have problems with the glare from bright lights and if it helps players in outdoor sports then it could possibly help basketball players. Of course I can see prohibiting players who paint their players like KISS or the Insane Clown Posse, .

MTD, Sr.
Mythbusters actually did this last year I believe and proved that it helps with indirect sunlight that is reflected from the ground or other sources. No help without something like a cap to block the direct sunlight.
Old Tue Nov 08, 2011, 09:43pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
C'mon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMac View Post
Mythbusters actually did this last year I believe and proved that it helps with indirect sunlight that is reflected from the ground or other sources. No help without something like a cap to block the direct sunlight.
Would that be the same ball cap that's on backwards and blocking the direct sunlight from the back of your neck?
Old Wed Nov 09, 2011, 06:53am
Esteemed Forum Member

Skin Cancer Prevention ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Would that be the same ball cap that's on backwards and blocking the direct sunlight from the back of your neck?
Hey. Nobody like getting a bad sunburn on the back of thier neck.