Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 04, 2003, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Now that it really IS September. . .

I was going thru old threads, saw this one, and thought I'd bump it up. Just thought it'd be funny to look back at our first impressions of the season.

Cubs are definitely not useless -- yet. And the Sox got that closer, the Yanks' closer is human after all, and we got us a genuINE "big series" this weekend in the Bronx.

Royals still got a chance. It's gonna be a fun September.

[Edited by ChuckElias on Sep 4th, 2003 at 12:38 PM]
Old Thu Sep 04, 2003, 02:30pm
In Memoriam

Re: Now that it really IS September. . .

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
It's gonna be a fun September.

You know it's September when you find out that Pedro and Manny have both made travel plans to return to the Dominican by September 24th. They don't get paid for overtime,you know!

Btw,Mr. One Sport Official, isn't lacrosse regarded as a sport any more? You've refereed that up to the college level,haven't you?
Old Thu Sep 04, 2003, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, but I don't anymore. Decided it was too much time away from home right after basketball season.
Old Fri Sep 05, 2003, 07:15pm
Official Forum Member

Not gloatin' yet, but -- uh -- 8 to nothin' and Pedro's en fuego!
Old Fri Sep 05, 2003, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Yeah, there is some serious butt-kicking going on tonight. However, you can't gloat until the Bosux win the division. Also, if the Yankees didn't let you win every once in a while, you might take your ball and go home.
Old Fri Sep 05, 2003, 08:21pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Go Red Sox !
Go Cubbies !
Old Fri Sep 05, 2003, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Quote:
Yeah, there is some serious butt-kicking going on tonight. However, you can't gloat until the Bosux win the division. Also, if the Yankees didn't let you win every once in a while, you might take your ball and go home.

Uh, something called the "Wild Card," my friend from Virginia.

It doesn't matter how you get into the pennant race - just the fact that you're there!
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 11:13am
Esteemed Participant

Could be worse guys - you could be a Mariner fan like me and watch your team slide from a 5 game lead to a half-game BEHIND BOSTON fer God's sake...only way we beat the Orioles last night was Boone taking one in the back to force home the winning run - that's after being shut-out TWICE by Tampa Bay...sigh...maybe I should become a BoSox fan too!
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

Last weekend, I went away for the holiday and wasn't able to follow the races too closely. M's were up by 2 games in the West when I left. When I got home on Monday, I did a double take when somebody on TV said that they were tied with the Sox for the wild card! But you've got some time to make it back up. I think the M's and A's play a few more times in Sept. After Sunday, the Sox and Yanks are done (for the regular season).
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 12:42pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
...sigh...maybe I should become a BoSox fan too!
You'd have a lose about 50 points off of your IQ before they'll let you take the exam.In other words,if you can spell IQ, you probably can't qualify.

Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Still not gloating yet, but 11-0?!?! The Yanks are surely NOT this bad, but they sure do look terrible this weekend.
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 03:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Could be worse guys - you could be a Mariner fan like me and watch your team slide from a 5 game lead to a half-game BEHIND BOSTON fer God's sake...only way we beat the Orioles last night was Boone taking one in the back to force home the winning run - that's after being shut-out TWICE by Tampa Bay...sigh...maybe I should become a BoSox fan too!
Not to worry rockyroad ol' boy...the Mariners will come through when they play the A's head to head at the end of the season...even though it will probably come down to the last 3 games. (whew!) Hang on!

Dude
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 09:50pm
Esteemed Participant

BoSox beat Yankees 11-0, and we lose to the Orioles 3-1...I really hate baseball sometimes. And I'm not sure I could spell IQ right Jurassic...or did I just do it?? Cripes, I need bball season to start!!
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

How bout dem BRAVES!!!! Hopefully they will do more than win the NL. They remind me of the Buffalo Bills. They just can't win the big one
Old Sat Sep 06, 2003, 11:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by brianp134
How bout dem BRAVES!!!! Hopefully they will do more than win the NL. They remind me of the Buffalo Bills. They just can't win the big one
The Buffalo Bills never won the big one. The Braves did win a World Series in 95. Granted it was only one, but that is more that Buffalo can say.

Peace
Closed Thread