Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 08:56am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Were your feet hot?
Not particularly. A lot less hot than in previous patent shoes I've worn. Probably a bit more so than in my previous shoes.

I'm on a mission to find these for a great price and get a second pair now. I'm striking out.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 09:39am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
Not particularly. A lot less hot than in previous patent shoes I've worn. Probably a bit more so than in my previous shoes.

I'm on a mission to find these for a great price and get a second pair now. I'm striking out.
Amazon.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Just ordered a pair on Amazon.com. Finish Line had them for 79.99 free shipping but were out of my size. Went on Amazon and got them for $99.99 free shipping but then got an instant $30 discount by applying for a credit card. So $69.99 and free shipping. Not a bad deal at all.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 10:03am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Wahoo!

Quote:
Just ordered a pair on Amazon.com. Finish Line had them for 79.99 free shipping but were out of my size. Went on Amazon and got them for $99.99 free shipping but then got an instant $30 discount by applying for a credit card. So $69.99 and free shipping. Not a bad deal at all.
AND, you get a FREE credit card too!

A bargain at twice the price!
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 10:22am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
AND, you get a FREE credit card too!

A bargain at twice the price!
Ha Ha. Credit card has a crazy interest rate but there is no annual fee. It will get shredded upon receipt and I will cancel the account next summer and re-apply next November to get some more shoes.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 06:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

This Is Not Your Father's Credit Score ...

Quote:
I will cancel the account next summer.
Not a great idea.

Canceling credit cards can have an negative impact on your credit score. This could adversely affect the interest rate you're offered if you apply for a loan, but everybody already knows that. What most people don't know is that a low credit score can adversely affect your auto insurance, and home insurance, premiums. Cell phone companies also check credit scores before offering you a contract. Most importantly, employers sometimes look at credit scores as another way that they can pick the most qualified applicants.

I learned this from my accountants, Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe. That reminds me. I should pay them a holiday visit. I wonder what the visiting hours at the state prison are on Thanksgiving?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Nov 22, 2011 at 07:04pm.
Old Tue Nov 22, 2011, 10:58pm
Official Forum Member

I tried on the Zigs tonight at a store and they are sweet. As soon as I can convince SWMBO that I need them, I'm getting a pair.
Old Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:28pm
MABO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Footlocker? Eastbay?
Nope not the patent style. They have some all black with a swede style material.Thats what I wear now. Price is around $150 Canadian.

All references/comments are intended for educational purposes. Opinions are free.
Old Fri Nov 25, 2011, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks alot guys. I really didn't NEED a new pair of shoes, but I just ordered a pair. I have yet to find "THE SHOE" for me so i will give them a whirl
Old Fri Nov 25, 2011, 04:06pm
Official Forum Member

Zigs

Mine arrived Wednesday. Patent leather version. I get to try them out in a BV Saturday night. Hope they hold up to the hype!
Old Fri Nov 25, 2011, 05:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater View Post
Nope not the patent style. They have some all black with a swede style material.Thats what I wear now. Price is around $150 Canadian.
Footlocker and Eastbay both carry the patent leather. Are you saying they'll ship the swede to Cananda but not patent leather?

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Nov 26, 2011, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Send it my way

Quote:
Ha Ha. Credit card has a crazy interest rate but there is no annual fee. It will get shredded upon receipt and I will cancel the account next summer and re-apply next November to get some more shoes.
Well, if you don't plan on using it, please mail it to me. I'll be more than happy to give it some use.