The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 18, 2003, 07:55pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Next month, our rec league is holding a fundraiser. One of the events will be three games involving teams of our coaches. The best part is that we are going to have coaches ref the games, too. I get to stand on the sidelines and make "observations". Hehehehehe. I can't wait.
Old Tue Feb 18, 2003, 09:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
Wink

Be certain to remind them to "call them both ways" and to watch for "over the back" violations.
Old Tue Feb 18, 2003, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
This is what we do for our all-star games. Coaches ref. Refs coach if we want. I went as a spectator for the 10-11 year old game because me and the ref who was often a spectator at my other games was there so i was gunna mess with him. Well I rode em hard till half time. At half time he came over told me he was sorry for everytime he gave me a hard time and asked if I wanted to finish the game for him. I said nah, I'm going out on a date and walked out. He just kinna laughed and then realized he had to start again.
Old Wed Feb 19, 2003, 06:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Next month, our rec league is holding a fundraiser. One of the events will be three games involving teams of our coaches. The best part is that we are going to have coaches ref the games, too. I get to stand on the sidelines and make "observations". Hehehehehe. I can't wait.
I am, of course, invited to this, since I have worked some of Padgett's Saturday games. The only thing that would be more fun would be to have some coaches from the high schools reffing. The coaches in Padgett's league are actually, mostly, pretty sportsmanlike (they know if they aren't, they've got Padgett to deal with!) Nonetheless, I intend to lean heavily on that old standby, "Someone's going to get hurt out there!" alternated with, "For Pete's sake, let'em play!!"

Any other suggestions will be welcome.