The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

LSams,
Your's sounds similar to Jim Bain's "Boomer" story. That one is a gut-buster. If you've got any of his audio tapes, I'm sure ya'll have heard it.

Blackhawk
Old Tue Feb 11, 2003, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

My partner and I were involved in a close game, and maybe he got carried away in the moment, because when the rebound was put back at the buzzer, he emphaticly signaled it good, and sprinted the length of the floor to our locker room. The only problem is that the game was tied!!! So I was alone out there to face the coaches, crowd etc.

I came over to the table, told them to start timing the one minute between regulation and OT, and went off to tell my partner that his presence was required on the floor.

Old Wed Feb 12, 2003, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
Last year, inter - city rivalry game. I had lost about 25lbs since I had bought my pants at the beginning of the year (cue Richard Simmons music). Also, our league evaluator was standing at the baseline.
There is a turnover and as I sprint from L to T I feel the waist sort of slide down the hips. NP, I will wait for the play, give it the ole "Officials Pant Hike" and move on. But noooooooooooo, the kid has to turn the ball over. As I pivot to go BACK to lead I feel the waistband catch on my right hip and as I turn slide down my left hip. This leaves me running down the court like I am on a horse. Sure enough there is a bang/bang play and I don't call anything.
After the game the evaluator asks me about the play and why I didn't have a whislte. (He was standing directly behind me with the same angle) I told him there were two reasons. 1. I thought the contact wasn't sufficient to warrant a whistle as the offensie player was apparently going for Actor of the Year. He told me I should have blown the whistle, and I said OK. Then he asked what my second reason was. I said "My pants had fallen down, and I was a little more focused on trying to keep them above my knees". He said "I was wondering why you were running down the court funny."!