The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 02:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
When coaches apologize for the behavior of players, it is howler monkey language for "don't start making calls against my team because you are upset with my player".

They're not really sorry. They just want to minimize the amount of trouble they may get into.
i know what your saying, but if he apologizes after the game, its not going to make a difference cause the outcome was already decided.
Old Sun Feb 02, 2003, 02:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
Josh,personally i don't see any advantage in having your partner T him up the 2nd time. What if your partner isn't even paying attention and the jackass does something to warrant a T? Are you gonna yell down and say "Hey,Parter, whack this kid and get him outta here, i can't, i've already called one on him!" I think that is rather pointless. And evening it up shouldn't be a concern anyways, after all, we don't disqualify players, players disqualify themselves.

TR
if both partners are a good crew together, and both officials are right by the offending player, i think it makes it only easier not harder. i saw once a guy call 4 T (threw the star player and head coach out) and the one T taht was called, shouldve been called by the other official to take some of the heat off of him. I mean, the one girl slammed the ball, its an easy one to get, unless your a moron. i hope hes not paying attention to the cheerleaders on the sidelines...