Thread: You're done
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 31, 2003, 01:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Snaqwells
Freshman boys game tonight. V-1 gets fouled, and is shooting the bonus. V-2, upset that he's being pulled out since the game is getting close again, swears on his way off the court, "This is Bull-s***." Partner heard it and held his whistle. V-2 kicks the chairs as he gets to the bench, and throws a water bottle across the court. Partner whacks him with one T and ejects him at the same time.
Only called 1 T, can we eject him on 1 T? H coach thought we were giving 2 T's, and barked about that for a minute.
The kid deserved a trip to the showers (coach said afterwards he's probably off the team), but should we have called a second T?

snaqs
in this instant i think there is always a better way to handling a situation like this. for this situation, a T is warranted for his profanity and a second T, resulting in an injection for throwing the water bottle across the floor. in that instant, have game management remove him from the floor. dont give a 3rd T for something because there is no such thing as a third one (even though Bobby KNight got 3 from Ted Valentine) anytime you have an ejection, get game management and let them take care of it, once you toss him hes not your responsibility.
But lets say V1 gets whistled for his 2nd foul, and hes upset and say, "what are you blind, thats Bull****" well, lets say you whistle him up. and as he goes to the bench he throws a chair on the floor. i think its best to have your partner assess the the second T, that way the person that originally called the foul, difnt call 2 T and toss the kid. It evens it out more and becomes more manageable i think. But if this is to be done, its something you have to communicate with your partner in pregame.