Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 10, 2003, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
http://www.msnbc.com/news/857216.asp?0cl=c1
Old Fri Jan 10, 2003, 01:36pm
Official Forum Member

Mindless writers have to write about something sensational, so they find the easiest "goat". Maybe someone needs to put together a table, with the headings "Officials", "Team A" and "Team B", with the number of "errors" by each tallied under each heading. Our society has become very unforgiving. Its sad.

While we're on a depressing subject, charges were filed this week against a father and son in north Georgia, for assaulting a referee during a high school game. The son was called for a technical. The father started screaming obscenities, so was asked to leave. He came onto the court and threatened the ref. He was forcibly removed. The son then pushed one of the refs, and was removed, as well. Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.

- Catherine Aird
Old Fri Jan 10, 2003, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by theboys
Mindless writers have to write about something sensational, so they find the easiest "goat". Maybe someone needs to put together a table, with the headings "Officials", "Team A" and "Team B", with the number of "errors" by each tallied under each heading. Our society has become very unforgiving. Its sad.

While we're on a depressing subject, charges were filed this week against a father and son in north Georgia, for assaulting a referee during a high school game. The son was called for a technical. The father started screaming obscenities, so was asked to leave. He came onto the court and threatened the ref. He was forcibly removed. The son then pushed one of the refs, and was removed, as well. Acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, I guess.
Didn't I see them at a White Sox game last year? Here's another, this time it is the official. Maybe Rich or Willie know this guy.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/1873187/detail.html
Old Fri Jan 10, 2003, 03:16pm
Get away from me, Steve.

There was a followup in this morning's paper.

The case was unprosecutable and the charges were dropped.

That fact naturally didn't make the TV news or the website, but it did rate 2 inches on page 2 of the local section of the Madison morning paper today.

They still won't name the other party involved even though she's an adult and even though she filed unprosecutable charges.

Rich

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Jan 10th, 2003 at 02:25 PM]
Old Fri Jan 10, 2003, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Were a part of the game. We keep "your" team from streatching the rules and we are expected to keep the "opposing team" from performing.

I think its a paid spectators right to watch us perform and "comment" on our choices within reasonable social guidelines.

Nobody understands our motivation or our committment to training.

Sport is all theater. We are performers on the field without fans.

After a tough night I read Roosevelts famous:

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."