Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 05, 2011, 06:30pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Changes to 9-9 BACKCOURT vz Team Control on Thow-in

2012 Change to 9-9 BACKCOURT

SECTION9 BACKCOURT
ART.1 . . . A player shall not be the first to touch the ball after it has been in player and team control in the frontcourt, if he/she or a teammate last touched or was touched by the ball in the frontcourt before it went to the backcourt.
ART. 2 . . . While in player and team control in its backcourt, a player shall not cause the ball to go from backcourt to frontcourt and return to backcourt, without the ball touching a player in the frontcourt, such that he/she or a teammate is the first to touch it in the backcourt.

Do you think these changes to Backcourt def eliminate all the unintended loopholes/gotchas from stipulating that team control exists on throw-in?

Last edited by justacoach; Mon Sep 05, 2011 at 07:43pm.
Old Mon Sep 05, 2011, 07:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Do you think these changes to Backcourt def eliminate all the unintended loopholes/gotchas from stipulating that team control exists on throw-in?
No.

Nevada (I think) started a thread when the books first came out that includes several scenarios that could still be (or now are) a problem.
Old Mon Sep 05, 2011, 11:03pm
Back from the DL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Nevada (I think) started a thread when the books first came out that includes several scenarios that could still be (or now are) a problem.
Voila.