Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 09, 2003, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
How long do you allow for B1 to switch spots with A1 and put the world back in harmonious order?
Coach, by rule the player has until the free thrower catches the ball to move. See 8.1.2 Comment, 8.1.1A, 4-20-2, and 4-4-7b.
For the ball to be caught, it must first be released by an official - that was the crux of my question. I know the rule, I was asking about how officials deal with a specific situation.
Old Thu Jan 09, 2003, 06:42pm
Official Forum Member

Smile Quickly

About 2 seconds is enough. I hustle in and catch the ball as it comes out of the net... before it hits the ground.

2 seconds... check the table.

"Let's go ladies." (I say that for the men too!)

Hustling in and getting the rebound works well for me. I might have a couple of times per game that I need to make the "Let's go" comment. But in general, on those few occasions when they step into the lane to slap hands and encourage their teammate or switch places, they act kind of lost. They hurry right along when I'm standing in the middle of the key with the ball obviously waiting for them.