The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   WARNING!! Annual OT Baseball Thread 2011!! Open at Your Own Risk! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65996-warning-annual-ot-baseball-thread-2011-open-your-own-risk.html)

ChuckElias Thu Mar 31, 2011 02:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 745572)
Papelbon doesn't scare anyone anymore

Pap's not a problem, because he won't be the closer at the end of the season. If Jenks can't do it, they've got Bard and 98 mph slider to close. I think they'd like to keep Bard in a set-up role this year and move him to closer next year, but Pap's been the worst "successful" closer in all of the big for 2 years now. Believe me, nobody in New England is being fooled by the number of saves he's racked up.

Quote:

Ozzy Guillen has a hit out on Bobby Jenks. It's just a matter of time with Jenks until Oz has his pitching arm broken.
I don't know that story, although there's very little you could tell me about Ozzy that would surprise me.

Quote:

Add in Dice K who has become an annual question mark and you could have some real problems.
I don't think anybody will ever be really excited about having Dice K, but a couple of the writers who should know say that he looks VERY good this spring.

Quote:

Is J.D. Drew on the DL yet?
Just a matter of time.

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 02:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron (Post 745578)
For the cost of the Rays' entire rotation, you could get A-Rod for about 80 games. ;)

The Rays ain't that stoopid. I just finished watching RoidBoy do one of his patented home run trots. On a double.

ChuckElias Thu Mar 31, 2011 02:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 745586)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbyron
For the cost of the Rays' entire rotation, you could get A-Rod for about 80 games

The Rays ain't that stoopid. I just finished watching RoidBoy do one of his patented home run trots. On a double.

They don't need ARod. They have Johnny Damon AND Manny Ramirez!! What could possibly go wrong???

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 03:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 745590)
They don't need ARod. They have Johnny Damon AND Manny Ramirez!! What could possibly go wrong???

The over/under on Joe Maddon throttling Manny should be about April 15. And wait until he gets a coupla months of Kyle Farnsworth in too.:eek:

BktBallRef Thu Mar 31, 2011 03:34pm

Baseball. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/gra...ages/sleep.gif

Welpe Thu Mar 31, 2011 04:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 745598)

Well let's see, I guess that means you and Rut agree on something. :eek:

Jurassic Referee Thu Mar 31, 2011 04:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 745607)
Well let's see, I guess that means you and Rut agree on something.

Yup, that sound you here is them bonding.

BktBallRef Thu Mar 31, 2011 04:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 745607)
Well let's see, I guess that means you and Rut agree on something. :eek:

Who? :confused:

Baseball is boring beyond belief, although the playoffs are sometimes tolerable.

Adam Thu Mar 31, 2011 04:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 745611)
Yup, that sound you here is them bonding.

EEW, I thought it was the cobra slithering.

grunewar Thu Mar 31, 2011 04:56pm

I KNOW you're not talkin bout me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 745552)
Fair weather fan. :p

Went to the Nationals Opening Day game today.

Expectations were high......but the temps weren't = 42o, drizzly and breezy. But, it was nice to hang out with my bro and talk sports for a few hrs!

We hope to get a sniff of .500 ball this yr. Just a sniff. Today, before the first ball was tossed, may be as close as we get..... :rolleyes:

Mark Padgett Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:01pm

I heard that Cubs fans are already saying, "Wait 'till next year". :D

Of course, my White Sox look like they're going to have a terrible year, if their spring training record is any indication.

When I was a kid growing up on the "Great South Side", I used to say I had two favorite teams - the White Sox and whoever was playing the Cubs that day. :p

Go Blackhawks! :)

grunewar Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 745626)
When I was a kid growing up on the "Great South Side", I used to say I had two favorite teams - the White Sox and whoever was playing the Cubs that day. :p

Reminds me of when I lived in ABALAMA - my favorite bumper sticker was:

I route for Auburn, or whoever is playing Alabama! :p

ChuckElias Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 745624)
Went to the Nationals Opening Day game today.

Did you see Tony Kornheiser? He said he was going; but with the temperature, I have to believe he was in a heated corporate box, away from the "littles".

Nevadaref Thu Mar 31, 2011 05:57pm

Biggest concern for Red Sox is that Ellsbury doesn't get hurt and miss most of the season again.

The Padres just hit a homer with 2 out in the ninth to tie it up in St. Louis just when the Cards thought that they had it won.

Milwaukee opens with back-to-back homeruns and then ends with a walk-off! I'm sure that someone will be along to tell us whether a team has ever hit homers in it's first and last at bats on Opening Day before.

grunewar Thu Mar 31, 2011 06:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckElias (Post 745631)
Did you see Tony Kornheiser? He said he was going; but with the temperature, I have to believe he was in a heated corporate box, away from the "littles".

Nope. Closest I got to "celebrity mingling" was meeting the "President's Mascots", talking to a local DJ in the Bull Pen (local drinking hole across the street from the stadium) and listening to a pretty good rock band before the game.

The crowd did boo the new DC Mayor though.....but, in their defense, he really had it coming. :o

I would have liked to have met Tony though. I think he's pretty entertaining.