The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 10:21pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation I didn't know this about the NBE

I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches.

I think the FED should adopt this, only change it from 16 to 2 and from one game to twenty, and it should only apply to howler monkeys (coaches).
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 10:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches.

I think the FED should adopt this, only change it from 16 to 2 and from one game to twenty, and it should only apply to howler monkeys (coaches).
In the NBA playoffs, it would be the 7th technical foul which would force a mandatory suspension and every other technical would result in another suspension. I believe Rasheed Wallace holds the record for most games missed due to the penalty (which isn't new by the way).

Also, all technical fouls are subject to league review. Dwight Howard actually has been assessed 21 technical fouls but has had four of them rescinded. Amar'e Stoudemire actually was assessed his 16th a week or so ago, but the league rescinded it.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 10:46pm. Reason: grammar
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

[quote=Mark Padgett;744728]I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches. [ /quote]

Commonly known as the "Rasheed Wallace Rule."

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 07:11am
In Memoriam

Last night with a choice between NCAA Wimmens games and some poker show re-runs, I actually tuned into the Knick's game for a while. Freaking amazing! You really do have to give the NBA some credit. They took the oldest living man in the country....114 years old....and let him officiate an NBA game. He said it was on his bucket list, just above eating a meal that wasn't strained first.

The ol' feller wasn't bad either. Didn't have his teeth fly out but once when he blew the whistle.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 08:29am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Last night with a choice between NCAA Wimmens games and some poker show re-runs, I actually tuned into the Knick's game for a while. Freaking amazing! You really do have to give the NBA some credit. They took the oldest living man in the country....114 years old....and let him officiate an NBA game. He said it was on his bucket list, just above eating a meal that wasn't strained first.

The ol' feller wasn't bad either. Didn't have his teeth fly out but once when he blew the whistle.
So you're saying Bavetta worked the game, then.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 09:02am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:

I chose Door Number 4 and watched the end of the Blackhawks / Redwings Game.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 09:28am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMSN View Post
So you're saying Bavetta worked the game, then.
He's 71 freaking years old!!!!!!!!!!
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 09:42am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
He's 71 freaking years old!!!!!!!!!!
Age discrimination?

Doesn't he run 8 miles every morning before his games?

Are you saying his eye sight has deteriorated through aging process?
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 09:54am
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I chose Door Number 4 and watched the end of the Blackhawks / Redwings Game.
Being a big Blackhawks fan, I loved the ending too. It's always cool when the winning goal is scored by a former member of the losing team.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:59am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Age discrimination?

Doesn't he run 8 miles every morning before his games?

Are you saying his eye sight has deteriorated through aging process?
Newz, he's 71 freaking years old. He should be sitting in one of those commode chairs watching the game while gumming his strained peaches and trying not to drool on his nappy. Either that or he should be driving down Dale Mabry Blvd. at 20mph with his signal light on racing the other senior citizens to the early bird special at the Steak'n'Burger.

I don't care if he's f'ing Spiderman. Get your wrinkly old azz outa there and let some new officials get some experience.

He has to have pictures of Stern in a compromising position with various barn animals.