The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   I didn't know this about the NBE (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65805-i-didnt-know-about-nbe.html)

Mark Padgett Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:21pm

I didn't know this about the NBE

I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches.

I think the FED should adopt this, only change it from 16 to 2 and from one game to twenty, and it should only apply to howler monkeys (coaches).

APG Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 744728)
I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches.

I think the FED should adopt this, only change it from 16 to 2 and from one game to twenty, and it should only apply to howler monkeys (coaches).

In the NBA playoffs, it would be the 7th technical foul which would force a mandatory suspension and every other technical would result in another suspension. I believe Rasheed Wallace holds the record for most games missed due to the penalty (which isn't new by the way).

Also, all technical fouls are subject to league review. Dwight Howard actually has been assessed 21 technical fouls but has had four of them rescinded. Amar'e Stoudemire actually was assessed his 16th a week or so ago, but the league rescinded it.

BktBallRef Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:45pm

[quote=Mark Padgett;744728]I heard on SportsCenter that in the NBE if a player gets 16 technicals during the season, he automatically receives a one game suspension, plus additional one game suspensions for every two technicals after that. I don't know if the same holds true for coaches. [ /quote]

Commonly known as the "Rasheed Wallace Rule."

Jurassic Referee Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:11am

Last night with a choice between NCAA Wimmens games and some poker show re-runs, I actually tuned into the Knick's game for a while. Freaking amazing! You really do have to give the NBA some credit. They took the oldest living man in the country....114 years old....and let him officiate an NBA game. He said it was on his bucket list, just above eating a meal that wasn't strained first.

The ol' feller wasn't bad either. Didn't have his teeth fly out but once when he blew the whistle.

Rich Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 744808)
Last night with a choice between NCAA Wimmens games and some poker show re-runs, I actually tuned into the Knick's game for a while. Freaking amazing! You really do have to give the NBA some credit. They took the oldest living man in the country....114 years old....and let him officiate an NBA game. He said it was on his bucket list, just above eating a meal that wasn't strained first.

The ol' feller wasn't bad either. Didn't have his teeth fly out but once when he blew the whistle.

So you're saying Bavetta worked the game, then.

Welpe Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 744808)

I chose Door Number 4 and watched the end of the Blackhawks / Redwings Game.

Jurassic Referee Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 744833)
So you're saying Bavetta worked the game, then.

He's 71 freaking years old!!!!!!!!!!

Raymond Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 744856)
He's 71 freaking years old!!!!!!!!!!

Age discrimination?

Doesn't he run 8 miles every morning before his games?

Are you saying his eye sight has deteriorated through aging process?

Mark Padgett Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welpe (Post 744848)
I chose Door Number 4 and watched the end of the Blackhawks / Redwings Game.

Being a big Blackhawks fan, I loved the ending too. It's always cool when the winning goal is scored by a former member of the losing team.

Jurassic Referee Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 744862)
Age discrimination?

Doesn't he run 8 miles every morning before his games?

Are you saying his eye sight has deteriorated through aging process?

Newz, he's 71 freaking years old. He should be sitting in one of those commode chairs watching the game while gumming his strained peaches and trying not to drool on his nappy. Either that or he should be driving down Dale Mabry Blvd. at 20mph with his signal light on racing the other senior citizens to the early bird special at the Steak'n'Burger.

I don't care if he's f'ing Spiderman. Get your wrinkly old azz outa there and let some new officials get some experience.

He has to have pictures of Stern in a compromising position with various barn animals.