The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 28, 2011, 04:18pm
Official Forum Member

Hey bob

Hey bob,

I think in the process of deleting spam and banning spam bots, user NoFussRef accidentally got caught in the crosshairs. Since he does not have your e-mail to contact you, he has asked me to ask if you could take care of this issue. If you need to contact him, I can give you his contact information.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:49am
Official Forum Member

bump
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:51am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
bob jenkins
Administrater, Official Forum Basketball
Billy, it's never a good idea to publically post anyone's e-mail addy. You can PM it instead.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 07:17am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Billy, it's never a good idea to publically post anyone's e-mail addy. You can PM it instead.
Nice job to not quote his link. That's proper netiquette, folks.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 07:30am
Official Forum Member

Done.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 04:00pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Forum Version Of HIPPA ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Billy, it's never a good idea to publicly post anyone's e-mail addy.
I did gave that some thought. The only reason that I decided to post it was because bob jenkins himself posted his own email address when some Forum members were inadvertently banished from the Forum during one of bob's antispam crusades. If bob himself hadn't posted his own email address, than I would have found some other way to get the job done.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 05:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I did gave that some thought. The only reason that I decided to post it was because bob jenkins himself posted his own email address when some Forum members were inadvertently banished from the Forum during one of bob's antispam crusades. If bob himself hadn't posted his own email address, than I would have found some other way to get the job done.
He didn't post it as a live link, but as a bot-proof sequence.
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Grey Goose 80 Proof ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
He didn't post it as a live link, but as a bot-proof sequence.
I wondered why he "spelled it out", however I'm not quite sure what bot-proof means. Now I'm going to try to warm up a cup of tea in this new fangled microwave oven. It might take a while because I'm having trouble lighting the damn pilot light.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I wondered why he "spelled it out", however I'm not quite sure what bot-proof means. Now I'm going to try to warm up a cup of tea in this new fangled microwave oven. It might take a while because I'm having trouble lighting the damn pilot light.
Meaning a bot won't recognize the "spelled out" version and bombard his inbox with spam mail.

Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
E-mail address harvesting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:42pm
Esteemed Forum Member

You Won The Irish Sweepstakes !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPurposeGamer View Post
Meaning a bot won't recognize the "spelled out" version and bombard his inbox with spam mail.
In that case. I apologize to bob jenkins.

Note to bob jenkins: Almost all of the Nigerian princes that you will hear from will not really be princes. Most are con artists. The only real prince looks like this:

Problem is he was not born in Nigeria, but was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Old Thu Mar 31, 2011, 08:26pm
Official Forum Member

Either way, thank you gentlemen.

Thanks to APG for bringing this to Bob's attention, and thanks to Bob for dealing with it in a timely manner.

Yes, the look on my face when I read "Banned- indefinitely" was priceless.
Couldn't help wondering what I could have done or said to deserve exile, I do my best to be respectful in here, and know how to pick battles carefully, When I read "Warning Will Robinson" I realized what had happened.

So for Bob:

"I will NOT post smart azz remarks on spam threads, leading Bob to think I am a spammer."

"I will NOT post smart azz remarks on spam threads, leading Bob to think I am a spammer."

"I will NOT .... yeah, lesson learned.

Thanks again everyone.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2011, 09:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Join The (Forever Getting Smaller) Crowd ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFussRef View Post
When I read "Warning Will Robinson" I realized what had happened.
If, "Warning Will Robinson", got your attention, then you must be over fifty-five.

Note: I got my thirty year IAABO service pin at our banquet tonight. I told the "Young Turks" at my table, "All I had to do to get this was to stay alive".

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 09:10pm.
Old Thu Mar 31, 2011, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
If, "Warning Will Robinson", got your attention, then you must be over fifty-five.

Note: I got my thirty year IAABO service pin at our banquet tonight. I told the "Young Turks" at my table, "All I had to do to get this was to stay alive".
Nice!
Congratulations, that is something to be proud of, breathing that long and working the courts!

Actually, I am a 1979 vintage. However, I still remember watching re-runs when I was younger.

*Old enough to know better... Still to young to care.