The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   2011 NCAAW Sweet 16 (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/65511-2011-ncaaw-sweet-16-a.html)

Nevadaref Tue Mar 29, 2011 06:40am

Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Facing a deafening, unfriendly crowd in a hostile -- and perhaps unfair -- setting, along with the little blonde point guard who had yet to be stopped, the Stanford Cardinal emphatically showed they're still the powers of the West Coast.

============================================
So I'm clearly not the only one who feels that this isn't proper.

Jurassic Referee Tue Mar 29, 2011 06:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 744800)
Associated Press
SPOKANE, Wash. -- Facing a deafening, unfriendly crowd in a hostile -- and perhaps unfair -- setting, along with the little blonde point guard who had yet to be stopped, the Stanford Cardinal emphatically showed they're still the powers of the West Coast.

Naw, but you're also clearly one of the few that care. :D

Btw, when was the last time that a D1 Mens PG was identified as being "the little blonde"?

grunewar Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:26am

I just looked it up.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassic referee (Post 744805)
btw, when was the last time that a d1 mens pg was identified as being "the little blonde"?

1964! ;)

Adam Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:44am

Quote:

Associated Press

I don't know that Rocky would say it was fair; but that it perhaps doesn't rise to the level of "injustice." Maybe his threshold for that term is a bit higher.

Raymond Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 744817)
1964! ;)

Gail Goodrich?

or Lynn Shackleford?

Funny, both my guesses have "girl" names. :D

rockyroad Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 744820)
I don't know that Rocky would say it was fair; but that it perhaps doesn't rise to the level of "injustice." Maybe his threshold for that term is a bit higher.

Correct...I never said I agreed with the practice. I did explain the financial reasoning behind it. And to claim that it rises to the level of an "injustice" is just ridiculous.

The argument behind it seems to be that Gonzaga was a lower seed than Louisville. But then the Zags went out and thumped Louisville...so maybe it is the seeding process that is out of whack. Stanford went out and proved they were the better team and is moving on.

rockyroad Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:36am

Anyone catch Pat Summit's interview in the hallway following the game. Wow! I can't remember the last time I heard a Coach throw their players under the bus that badly following a loss...

Rich Tue Mar 29, 2011 08:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 744836)
Anyone catch Pat Summit's interview in the hallway following the game. Wow! I can't remember the last time I heard a Coach throw their players under the bus that badly following a loss...

They deserved it.

GoodwillRef Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:21am

Quote:

Associated Press

Because Stanford has never hosted the NCAA tournament on their home floor...give me a break. Spokane will host in the future because it was a FULL HOUSE!!!

GoodwillRef Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 744836)

It didn't look like a Pat Summit coached team...that is for sure.

Nevadaref Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 744792)
And for those of you who said the #1 seeds always win. See there, Tenn fell before the Final Four - Rare, but hey, it happens! ;)

Ok, so the NCAAW's tournament will end up with three #1s and a #2 in the Final Four. :p

Adam Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 745047)
Ok, so the NCAAW's tournament will end up with three #1s and a #2 in the Final Four. :p

+1

Not exactly VCU over KU, or Butler over Florida.

Nevadaref Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:41pm

UConn is up 30 with under 5 minutes left and Geno puts Maya Moore back into the game! She left a few minutes ago after banging her knee into an opponent.
What does this tell us? That Geno is an idiot. :eek:

Adam Tue Mar 29, 2011 07:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 745055)
UConn is up 30 with under 5 minutes left and Geno puts Maya Moore back into the game! She left a few minutes ago after banging her knee into an opponent.
What does this tell us? That Geno is an idiot. :eek:

Gee, I thought he was a genius.... :rolleyes:

just another ref Tue Mar 29, 2011 09:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 745056)
Gee, I thought he was a genius.... :rolleyes:

After all, he broke John Wooden's record.