The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 16, 2010, 05:07pm
#thereferee99

m.arbitersports.com

Maybe I missed an announcement, but stumbled upon new mobile phone site for Arbiter. Looks promising. Header says its in Beta. When I first logged in I got a message offering a free trial of an upgraded account. Arbiter may be looking at generating some revenue out of mobile.
Old Thu Dec 16, 2010, 05:09pm
Archaic Power Monger

I saw that yesterday while pulling up my schedule on my phone. Not bad, but definitely needs work (it is a Beta after all). The schedule doesn't give enough game details I don't think.
Old Thu Dec 16, 2010, 05:15pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
I requested to become a beta tester via their facebook page. (Yes, I am over 35). I haven't heard back, though. It would save calls to my assignors when changes come through.
Old Thu Dec 16, 2010, 08:05pm
This IS My Social Life

A Welcome Step

This long-promised, long-awaited capability is good to finally have. True, not as indepth as the Arbiter on my laptop, but at least it opens quickly and gives me more of an immediate glance at my upcoming schedule. Accepting games is a snap, too. Those are really the only two functions I need on my cell. I'm still running it via Opera Mini on my Blackberry Motorola I1, but that's not a time consuming problem either. At least the long download time it took to access the full Arbiter site is in the past. I expect this mobile version to get better as time goes on. Probably a longer time than ideal, but at least its better now than in the past.
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

I didn't really have any trouble getting on the full Arbiter site on my Droid X, but last night when I went on there it offered to take me to the mobile site, so I tried it out. It does work well, but I wish it showed a few more game details like someone said. I like that I don't have to pinch to zoom like with the full site. It just scrolls right down your schedule.
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

I was surprised to see that the mobile website is considered a "premium" feature. Most non-officiating sites that offer a mobile-friendly version of their site usually don't charge extra for that "feature".
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
I didn't really have any trouble getting on the full Arbiter site on my Droid X, but last night when I went on there it offered to take me to the mobile site, so I tried it out. It does work well, but I wish it showed a few more game details like someone said. I like that I don't have to pinch to zoom like with the full site. It just scrolls right down your schedule.
I have the iphone4, so I already have mobile access to the full site. About three days ago, I started getting an option to connect to the Arbiter mobile site or the full site when I connected to that web address.

I don't see the benefit of the mobile site for me, but for others it may be a big improvement.
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 03:56pm
Official Forum Member

I too have an iPhone 4 and I like the mobile site much better. Using Opera Mini, one tap will enlarge the screen on the full site but tapping on a link will many times zoom back out rather than opening the link.

The mobile site may not have all the bells and whistles the full site does but I don't need that for just a quick look for some needed info.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Dec 17, 2010, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
I too have an iPhone 4 and I like the mobile site much better. Using Opera Mini, one tap will enlarge the screen on the full site but tapping on a link will many times zoom back out rather than opening the link.

The mobile site may not have all the bells and whistles the full site does but I don't need that for just a quick look for some needed info.
This, and the mobile site is lighter and will load easier and quicker, especially if your connection speeds aren't great.