The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Tue Dec 07, 2010, 10:40pm
Official Forum Member

nightmare of a partner

Hey whats up fellow officials. I'm on the new side of officiating. Anyway today was my 10th game of the year, been pretty busy I worked for two weeks but i just didnt want to rush into it now im comfortable and have 8 this week and 7 next week. Anyway i had a bad partner tonight but i didnt show it. Started first with pregame which he had no clue about 1 and 1 situations, what a player vs team control foul was, and how the possession arrow works!!! Anyway first quarter is sloppy he goes in wrong position and doesnt shows a weak whistle, and the coach knows. A couple times he said white ball but pointed black!! and then gave it to the wrong team. Next he didnt watch my hand as it was held high, and threw the ball in play when the subs were coming in. Next, he didnt know correct positioning on free throws. It was frustrating, into half time i was nice and asked questions and asked if he had any questions. Second half the home team is down 14 and they come back in the 4th quarter he called about 3 or 4 you could tell continuation buckets plus the foul which turned to be a game changer!! it was frustrating... and worst of all we have to work games together again this week!!! and i picked these games up last minute.... man ole man can this week be over