The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 02:13am
Official Forum Member

Week 1 Girls Overtime Game

Ok everybody I didn't have Mark on my varsity girls game tonight and it went to overtime. How many week 1 overtimes have the members of this board worked this year? Great well played game with the visitors winning 52-51 in overtime-easily could have gone 2ot with the difference being a foot inside the three point line on a jumper with 5.0 secs left in overtime.
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 08:08am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
Ok everybody I didn't have Mark on my varsity girls game tonight and it went to overtime. How many week 1 overtimes have the members of this board worked this year? Great well played game with the visitors winning 52-51 in overtime-easily could have gone 2ot with the difference being a foot inside the three point line on a jumper with 5.0 secs left in overtime.
My Week 1 has had 6 varsity games, and the margins of victory were 15, 15, 45, 11, 47, and 13. Only 2 of these games were what I'd call "easy to work" -- the 45 and 47 point victories where the losing coach showed great sportsmanship and kept coaching their kids even though they knew they were completely outmatched.

One more this afternoon and then I have 4 days of work travel to give me a break until Friday.
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 08:21am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Close but no cigar.....

My first regular season GV game was last night and it was a two point game with minutes to go, but H won by 5.

Most interesting play - Coach from A is confident in his girls FT shooting so he rarely occupies the lane spaces during his FTs. Sometimes he even calls his girls together in the backcourt near his bench to chat - they are on the court legally and he is in his box. On this one particular play in the first half, B1, B2, B3, and B4 are occupying their lane spaces and all the A players, minus the FT shooter, are in the backcourt. A1 misses the FT. B players absolutely are lackadaisical about it (typical) and A1 gets her rebound and makes the layup!

B1 Coach =
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 12:23pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Please don't put the "O" word in a thread title. When I opened up the board this morning, I nearly had a heart attack!
Old Sat Dec 04, 2010, 12:58pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
My first VG game of the year consisted of two rival catholic schools in a pre-season tip-off tourney. It was the championship game as well. It went into 2OT with the visitors winning in the second OT.

I even called a shooting foul with 1 second left on the clock (she got fouled, for sure) in regulation with the game tied, and the home team missed both free throws to win it!

Talk about starting my HS season off on the right foot!