The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 07, 2002, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

True or False

A time out request by airborne A1, while in player control, may not be granted if he is about to land out of bounds

Any official can rule on points not specifically covered in the rules.

If a mistake has been made and an umpire is still on the floor at the end of the game, he may call back the ref to make the correction.

If a team fails to occupy the team member's bench to which it is assigned, the foul will be indirectly to the head coach.

If A1 catches the ball with both feet off the floor and alights simultaneously with both feet, A1 may pivot using either foot as the pivot foot.

A traveling violation occurs when airborne A1 catches a pass, alights and pivots on the foot which first touched the floor.

It is a violation if A1 attempts to stand after gaining possession of the ball on the floor.

During a free throw by A1, B2 in a marked lane space violates before the release of the throw, then A2, also on the lane, violates as A1 releases the throw. This is a double violation, alternating possession throw in
Old Mon Oct 07, 2002, 05:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterDeVonne
True or False

A time out request by airborne A1, while in player control, may not be granted if he is about to land out of bounds
FALSE Player control=>timeout

Any official can rule on points not specifically covered in the rules.
FALSE: Only the Referee

If a mistake has been made and an umpire is still on the floor at the end of the game, he may call back the ref to make the correction.
TRUE

If a team fails to occupy the team member's bench to which it is assigned, the foul will be indirectly to the head coach.
TRUE

If A1 catches the ball with both feet off the floor and alights simultaneously with both feet, A1 may pivot using either foot as the pivot foot.
TRUE

A traveling violation occurs when airborne A1 catches a pass, alights and pivots on the foot which first touched the floor.
FALSE: That is the definition of a legal pivot

It is a violation if A1 attempts to stand after gaining possession of the ball on the floor.
TRUE

During a free throw by A1, B2 in a marked lane space violates before the release of the throw, then A2, also on the lane, violates as A1 releases the throw. This is a double violation, alternating possession throw in
FALSE : First violation only (new rule)
Old Mon Oct 07, 2002, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

That's an awful lot of questions, and I think you should do your own research, so I'll tell you that all of Camron's answers are correct except one.

Good luck.
Old Mon Oct 07, 2002, 07:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterDeVonne
True or False

TRUE
Unless he has started his dribble before he starts to get up. We then have nothing.

Except for a screaming coach and fans wanting a travel call

Old Tue Oct 08, 2002, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
That's an awful lot of questions, and I think you should do your own research, so I'll tell you that all of Camron's answers are correct except one.

Good luck.
Now you've got me wondering......I answered them all the same as Camron.
Old Tue Oct 08, 2002, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Here's the one he got wrong

Not occupying the assigned bench is an administrative technical and is not charged to the head coach.
Old Tue Oct 08, 2002, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Re: Here's the one he got wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Not occupying the assigned bench is an administrative technical and is not charged to the head coach.
Shhh -- that's right, but don't tell MisterDevonne.
Old Tue Oct 08, 2002, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Here's the one he got wrong

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Shhh -- that's right, but don't tell MisterDevonne.
That's the one I was unsure of. Took a 50/50 and got it wrong.

Old Wed Oct 09, 2002, 08:16am
Official Forum Member

Doh...... sometimes I forget with these tests to read and understand the whole question. These appear to be more of a test of how to read and interpret questions than rules, but, oh well.
Old Thu Oct 10, 2002, 04:50pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I bet there will be some officials out there that will have all the answers to the test without even opening a book....I think the best way to answer these type questions would be to give a rule reference and let them come back to the board with there answer....then discuss it....Just a thought!

AK ref SE
Old Fri Oct 11, 2002, 08:56am
Official Forum Member

Well since I'm the one who started this thread, let me say this: I am not one of those officials who has never opened a book. These nine questions I asked here were the ONLY nine I had trouble answering. I also call football too (linesman) and have for 8 years, so I am quite acquainted with opening rule books. Just needed a little help, that's all.
Old Fri Oct 11, 2002, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

Talking

MisterDevonne-

I only made the comment because this time of year we get a lot of questions from the test, and if you go through the threads on the board.....I bet as time goes on....almost 75% of the test questions make the threads.....I was not picking on you....I was making a generalized statement to see where it goes....maybe a whole new thread.

AK ref SE
Old Fri Oct 18, 2002, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Well, Why don't we just post the entire test questions on here with the answers and point all the curious ones to that post?

Quote:
Originally posted by AK ref SE
MisterDevonne-

I only made the comment because this time of year we get a lot of questions from the test, and if you go through the threads on the board.....I bet as time goes on....almost 75% of the test questions make the threads.....I was not picking on you....I was making a generalized statement to see where it goes....maybe a whole new thread.

AK ref SE