The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coach K (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57760-coach-k.html)

Raymond Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 673050)
Didn't say you were. Just offering a suggestion of my own.

Will be glad when you make a non-Duke contribution to the forum. :cool:

Mark Padgett Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673053)

Why don't we start a new Duke thread. We can make it about this guy:

http://www.rayimre.com/d/562-2/Duke+Snider.JPG

fiasco Wed Apr 07, 2010 01:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673053)

I've made way more non-Duke contributions than Duke ones, that's for sure. Perhaps you just haven't been paying attention.

Raymond Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 673059)
I've made way more non-Duke contributions than Duke ones, that's for sure. Perhaps you just haven't been paying attention.

I have since March 4th....maybe you don't realize how fixated you are.

fiasco Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673065)
I have since March 4th....maybe you don't realize how fixated you are.

I have no problem admitting that in March I'm fixated on college basketball, and I'm a Duke fan. My games ended in late February, so I haven't had much actual me-reffing stuff to talk about.

Sue me.

Raymond Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 673069)
I have no problem admitting that in March I'm fixated on college basketball, and I'm a Duke fan. My games ended in late February, so I haven't had much actual me-reffing stuff to talk about.

Sue me.

Not gonna sue you, but will treat you like every other fan boy gets treated here.

My season ended at the end of February also and I am a fan of UCLA and Villanova but I still treat this as an officiating forum because I rather be looked at as an official, not a run-of-the-mill, defend my team at any cost fan.

grunewar Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:37pm

OT - Slightly

David Letterman interviews Butler Coach, Brad Stevens. Some good stuff here. Fun guy!

Letterman offers Brad Stevens his salary to coach Ball State - The Dagger - NCAAB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Raymond Wed Apr 07, 2010 03:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 673073)
David Letterman interviews Butler Coach, Brad Stevens. Some good stuff here. Fun guy!

Letterman offers Brad Stevens his salary to coach Ball State - The Dagger - NCAAB Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I liked Brad Stevens as a coach, and not just because of his demeanor with the officials. He seemed like he was always giving his players positive reinforcement. If a player was screwing up he was quick to pull them, give him a few words, then pat them on the back on the way to the bench. When the team would have rough patches he would call time-out and you could tell his first words were positive. Players weren't coming off the court be greeted by a bunch of "what the **** are you doing out there?"

Jurassic Referee Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673074)
I liked Brad Stevens as a coach, and not just because of his demeanor with the officials. He seemed like he was always giving his players positive reinforcement. If a player was screwing up he was quick to pull them, give him a few words, then pat them on the back on the way to the bench. When the team would have rough patches he would call time-out and you could tell his first words were positive. Players weren't coming off the court be greeted by a bunch of "what the **** are you doing out there?"

Agree. And you know else I personally like? John Thompson III. From the same mold imo.

Sue me.:p

Adam Wed Apr 07, 2010 04:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 673076)
Agree. And you know else I personally like? John Thompson III. From the same mold imo.

Sue me.:p

You should turn back his games after you put that kool-aid cup down.

BillyMac Wed Apr 07, 2010 05:50pm

Like A Sailor ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673074)
"What the **** are you doing out there?"

BadNewsRef: When a stranger approaches you with a packet of papers in his hand and asks you if you're BadNewsRef, answer, "No, I'm not", and walk away. Someone here in the Land of Steady Habits owns the rights to that question.

"What the **** are you doing out there?" © 2010 Jim Calhoun

fiasco Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 673070)
Not gonna sue you, but will treat you like every other fan boy gets treated here.

My season ended at the end of February also and I am a fan of UCLA and Villanova but I still treat this as an officiating forum because I rather be looked at as an official, not a run-of-the-mill, defend my team at any cost fan.

If your teams had done anything in the tournament (or even been in it) maybe you would have more to defend. :P

In all seriousness, I really have tried to work on my fanboyishness here when it comes to Duke-related officiating topics over the past year or so. I legitimately wanted people's opinions on the Howard-Singler screen because I thought it looked borderline at first and was getting tons of questions from my Duke friends about it. I came on here and asked if it was a legal screen (not if it should have been called had it not been legal), and didn't argue about the legality of it.

I think it's rather untrue to suggest that I defend my team at any cost. I merely said I find JR's Coach K rants annoying. How is that defending my team at any cost? I have to agree with JR's opinion and hate Coach K, otherwise I'm a complete fanboy? That's a bit absurd.