The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Coach K (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57760-coach-k.html)

Indianaref Tue Apr 06, 2010 09:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 672792)
Saw him TALKING to the officials several times, but never saw him jump up and scream at them. Saw K do that several times last night.

Class.

Anybody see Coach K's face when an illegal screen was called on his player?

rockyroad Tue Apr 06, 2010 09:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 672794)

Same reaction he had to every foul called on Zoubeck.

Berkut Tue Apr 06, 2010 09:43am

It is rather interesting that the Duke fans come along and post the shot of K cutting down the net - it is *perfectly* exemplifies the attitude that those who like to dislike Duke find so obnoxious about them.

It is like they are trying to reinforce the Duke stereotype or something.

Amesman Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berkut (Post 672798)
It is rather interesting that the Duke fans come along and post the shot of K cutting down the net - it is *perfectly* exemplifies the attitude that those who like to dislike Duke find so obnoxious about them.

It is like they are trying to reinforce the Duke stereotype or something.

And that would be "Wooohoooo! We scraped by a team from a league three classes below ours for a national title!" ??

Yankees, Cowboys, Notre Dame FB (at one time) and Dookies -- gotta love to hate 'em.

And to stick to the officiating theme necessary, which of these doesn't excessively whine about calls while winning? Just askin'.

DLH17 Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lcubed48 (Post 672757)
LOL!!! Luv them Redbirds!!

Opening Day:
Cubs 3 Braves 0 after 1/2 inning of play

Final score Braves 16 Cubs 5

Zambrano chased after 1.1 IP and 6 ER

http://www.cubssuckclub.com/gallery/...ries/class.jpg

LOL

tomegun Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:02pm

I have been vocal for my disdain for Coach K, Roy Williams and Dean Smith for years. But, now Coach K is in an elite group and I would say he did it minus any hanky panky. I will give him credit, but I must remember two key things:

1. That was one of the worst coaching jobs ever by Rick Pitino. Thomas Hill had fouled out, Bobby Hurley couldn't hit the side of a barn until he was a senior and I'm not sure if Grant Hill every hit a long-range jumper in college. Uh, I wonder who they are going to pass the ball to?
2. Laetner (sp?) should have been thrown out when he stomped on that player's chest.
Extra: how in the world does that Duke team beat a UNLV team that is one of the best in history a year after getting embarrassed by essentially the same team one year earlier?

I started off saying I give him credit huh? :D

Judtech Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 672625)

The problem that we have with K is his actions towards officials. He is the absolute worst D1 coach extant about whining and b!tching at every single damn call or no-call that he thinks should go in his favor.

From the great movie Napolean Dynamite "You can't possibly know that"
Have you SEEN every other D1 official in the country? I have seen a few that IMO are worse than Coach K.
Having said that I think the Butler coach is a class act. Of course I am sure the Duke haters on this board will think that Coach K was being sarcastic an insincere in his praise of Butler's coach and team.

Adam Tue Apr 06, 2010 01:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judtech (Post 672840)
Having said that I think the Butler coach is a class act. Of course I am sure the Duke haters on this board will think that Coach K was being sarcastic an insincere in his praise of Butler's coach and team.

As a Duke hater, I'll answer, "Not at all."

26 Year Gap Tue Apr 06, 2010 01:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amesman (Post 672806)
And that would be "Wooohoooo! We scraped by a team from a league three classes below ours for a national title!" ??

Yankees, Cowboys, Notre Dame FB (at one time) and Dookies -- gotta love to hate 'em.

And to stick to the officiating theme necessary, which of these doesn't excessively whine about calls while winning? Just askin'.

Actually, Yankee fans are glad their team wins. Red Sox fans are glad your team loses.

Raymond Tue Apr 06, 2010 01:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomegun (Post 672832)
I have been vocal for my disdain for Coach K, Roy Williams and Dean Smith for years. But, now Coach K is in an elite group and I would say he did it minus any hanky panky. I will give him credit, but I must remember two key things:

1. That was one of the worst coaching jobs ever by Rick Pitino. Thomas Hill had fouled out, Bobby Hurley couldn't hit the side of a barn until he was a senior and I'm not sure if Grant Hill every hit a long-range jumper in college. Uh, I wonder who they are going to pass the ball to?
2. Laetner (sp?) should have been thrown out when he stomped on that player's chest.
Extra: how in the world does that Duke team beat a UNLV team that is one of the best in history a year after getting embarrassed by essentially the same team one year earlier?

I started off saying I give him credit huh? :D

Well, you can't say too much bad about Coach K since he is Bobby Knight's protege'.

fiasco Tue Apr 06, 2010 02:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 672625)

The problem that we have with K is his actions towards officials. He is the absolute worst D1 coach extant about whining and b!tching at every single damn call or no-call that he thinks should go in his favor.

The only thing more annoying than K's whining and b!tching at the officials is your constant whining and b!tching about Coach K.

Seriously, we all get it. You don't like him. Big whoop.

Mark Padgett Tue Apr 06, 2010 02:55pm

http://www.joecannaday.com/images/sp...ach-k-card.gif

Mark Padgett Tue Apr 06, 2010 02:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indianaref (Post 672794)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...ng_788880c.jpg

Jurassic Referee Tue Apr 06, 2010 03:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiasco (Post 672880)
The only thing more annoying than K's whining and b!tching at the officials is your constant whining and b!tching about Coach K.

Seriously, we all get it. You don't like him. Big whoop.

Is there any particular reason that you chose me instead of one of the other numerous posters here that also continually whine and b!tch about Coach K?

I get it too.
You don't like me. Big whoop. :)

fiasco Tue Apr 06, 2010 03:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 672893)
Is there any particular reason that you chose me instead of one of the other numerous posters here that also continually whine and b!tch about Coach K?

Gee, I dunno, maybe because you started the thread?????

Not to mention the fact that you posted 17 times within your Coach K bashing thread, four more than the second highest poster within the thread?

It's no secret that you're the resident Coach K basher here. It just gets awful old after a while.

Quote:

I get it too.
You don't like me. Big whoop. :)
I actually do like you, JR. When you're offering sage advice and clarifying rules questions. Not when you're ranting and raving like a nursing home patient off his meds.