The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Ball on floor K-State/Butler (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/57712-ball-floor-k-state-butler.html)

fullor30 Sun Mar 28, 2010 07:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Padgett (Post 671035)
It was obvious to me (and I'm thousands of miles away) that he was upset with his team's play, not anything regarding the officiating. At that level, it's virtually an automatic no call.

Haven't seen a college player do that for whatever reason for years.

mbyron Sun Mar 28, 2010 08:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by fullor30 (Post 671027)
I thought the KS player was delaying, so Burr put ball on floor. Terrific!

He put it on the floor because you thought the player delayed? :D

One reason it's terrific in my selfish little world is that I'll get less flak the next time I do it.

Raymond Sun Mar 28, 2010 09:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee (Post 670995)
They reviewed it. The ball went through at 1:01 so the clock is supposed to keep running. That's why time wasn't put back on the clock.

And I like the Butler coach too. Very calm and composed, and I think that his players feed off of that.

Well officiated game overall, I thought.

I caught the tail end of this. What I'm confused about is that after the review KSU inbounded the ball with 53.8 (or whatever) on the clock and 35 seconds on the shot clock but the throw-in was on the sideline free-throw line extended.

What happend previous to the stoppage in play?

rockyroad Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 671084)
I caught the tail end of this. What I'm confused about is that after the review KSU inbounded the ball with 53.8 (or whatever) on the clock and 35 seconds on the shot clock but the throw-in was on the sideline free-throw line extended.

What happend previous to the stoppage in play?

I believe there were only 33 on the shot clock when they inbounded. My son and I were arguing about what was going on - he thought K-State had called a TO, and I argued they were just reviewing to make sure the clock should not have stopped. I pointed out the sideline throw-in and the 33 on the clock.

Mark Padgett Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 671094)
My son and I were arguing about what was going on - he thought K-State had called a TO..... I pointed out the sideline throw-in and the 33 on the clock.

And I hope you also pointed out to your son that teams cannot call timeouts. They're never too young to learn. ;)

Raymond Sun Mar 28, 2010 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockyroad (Post 671094)
I believe there were only 33 on the shot clock when they inbounded. My son and I were arguing about what was going on - he thought K-State had called a TO, and I argued they were just reviewing to make sure the clock should not have stopped. I pointed out the sideline throw-in and the 33 on the clock.

I'm pretty sure it was at 35...that possession ended in helter-skelter around the 18.0 mark and the shot clock never sounded.

But, I don't have DVR so won't swear to it on a witness stand.