The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun Feb 21, 2010, 06:29pm
Huck Finn

IMO, this is a problem with basketball and high school basketball in particular. I have heard some people describe a high school basketball as an extension of the classroom. Even if you don't agree with that, I think there are some things wrong with the OP's situation.

I don't like waving arms or open arms like a coach is hanging on the cross. I also don't like another adult yelling at me. I have no problem with a coach not liking what I called or didn't call, but as the adult leading his or her team I would expect them to set an example so I don't have to deal with little Johnny thinking he can talk to me the same way. In short, zero tolerance for unsporting acts from 15-18 year olds and just slightly more for coaches. Also, I don't like it when a coach is yelling across the court at one of my partners. I wouldn't say these things are absolute Ts, but they certainly should be addressed.