The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

A night of firsts

Had a couple of firsts for me tonight...

My partner called a violation for leaving the court for no apparent reason. First time I've seen it called in any game that I've watched or worked.

Interesting play here...A1 has the ball in the BC after his team got a steal. I get a pushing foul on B1, and as I'm going over to report, I notice that A1 hasn't gotten up yet. From the way he was laying it looked like his shoulder may have come out of place, but that wasn't the case at all.

He was stuck to the floor! There must have been a tiny piece of floor board sticking up and he caught his jersey on it and needed help to get un-stuck. Everyone had a good laugh about it.

Anyways, serious question that comes from that. The result of him getting stuck was pulling up a little more floor board. I know it's somewhat of a HTBT kind of situation, but has anyone had anything remotely like this happen? What did you do?
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 11:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Had a couple of firsts for me tonight...

My partner called a violation for leaving the court for no apparent reason. First time I've seen it called in any game that I've watched or worked.

Interesting play here...A1 has the ball in the BC after his team got a steal. I get a pushing foul on B1, and as I'm going over to report, I notice that A1 hasn't gotten up yet. From the way he was laying it looked like his shoulder may have come out of place, but that wasn't the case at all.

He was stuck to the floor! There must have been a tiny piece of floor board sticking up and he caught his jersey on it and needed help to get un-stuck. Everyone had a good laugh about it.

Anyways, serious question that comes from that. The result of him getting stuck was pulling up a little more floor board. I know it's somewhat of a HTBT kind of situation, but has anyone had anything remotely like this happen? What did you do?
Never had this happen, but if it is high enough to pose a danger to anyone on the court, whether it could trip someone, or someone can cut him/herself off of it when on the floor, then I would have game manager fix it. I would think some tape to keep it down would be sufficient enough, but like you said it is a HTBT moment.
Old Wed Feb 10, 2010, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
Never had this happen, but if it is high enough to pose a danger to anyone on the court, whether it could trip someone, or someone can cut him/herself off of it when on the floor, then I would have game manager fix it. I would think some tape to keep it down would be sufficient enough, but like you said it is a HTBT moment.
Well we were going to put some tape over it, but the athletic trainer was there and said that would be a bad idea. The AD was also there and agreed with the trainer's explanation.

We played on and luckily didn't have any more problems.
Old Wed Feb 10, 2010, 12:14pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Talking

You should have made him take off his Jersey to get up and then WHACKED him!