The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 10:29pm
Official Forum Member

First ever for me

I called my first T for faking taking a charge. I wouldn't have if there'd been any contact, but the shooter rotated her body as she flew past, and there was no contact at all.

Defender had taken a charge earlier, and was definitely ready to get the next one. She tried a couple times, but couldn't sucker the opponent in. No prob here. But trying to fake me out was just a giant step over the line.

The poor girl probably didn't know the rule, and started crying, bless her heart. But she owns it now!
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
The poor girl probably didn't know the rule, and started crying, bless her heart. But she owns it now!
What level was this?
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by representing View Post
what level was this?
jv2.
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 11:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I called my first T for faking taking a charge. I wouldn't have if there'd been any contact, but the shooter rotated her body as she flew past, and there was no contact at all.

Defender had taken a charge earlier, and was definitely ready to get the next one. She tried a couple times, but couldn't sucker the opponent in. No prob here. But trying to fake me out was just a giant step over the line.

I saw my first intentional kick of the ball the other night. I've seen refs call kick for incidental contact but it was my first intentional kick.

Rita
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 11:28pm
This IS My Social Life

3 Points if not Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post
I saw my first intentional kick of the ball the other night. I've seen refs call kick for incidental contact but it was my first intentional kick.

Rita
Not a violation if it's not intentional. 4-29: Kicking the ball is intentionally striking it with any part of the leg or foot.
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 11:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to StripesOhio
Yeah, lots of officials call a kick ball when the ball is thrown at a foot or leg. Big no no.
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 01:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

But trying to fake me out was just a giant step over the line.
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 07:09am
Official & Member

Apolgies to Tom Hanks...

Quote:
... The poor girl probably didn't know the rule, and started crying, bless her heart...
Are you CRYING??? There's no crying in basketball!!!
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 11:05am
Esteemed Forum Member

Classic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
Are you CRYING??? There's no crying in basketball!!!
YouTube - No Crying in Baseball
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 11:08am
Esteemed Forum Member

Not Classic ...

Yahoo! Video Detail for WGN Reporter Dunks On Kid
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Upward ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C View Post

Rita
Had one yesterday also, during a loose ball . clearly intentional .
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Not a violation if it's not intentional. 4-29: Kicking the ball is intentionally striking it with any part of the leg or foot.
I know. I wish everyone did.

Rita
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 01:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Did you warn this player first or tell the coach "if she does it again she will get whacked?" If you didn't I wouldn't have whacked her...this is a call of last resort.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Did you warn this player first or tell the coach "if she does it again she will get whacked?" If you didn't I wouldn't have whacked her...this is a call of last resort.
No, didn't warn, and that's the substance of my few second thoughts. If there'd been any contact, I think I'd warned after I called the block. But, it was such a clean play by the shooter, and the basket didn't go, and the defender was so clearly faking, I just couldn't see letting it go. Actually, when I should have warned was the one before where the contact was minimal, and she came up protesting the no-call. THAT's the warning I regret holding back.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
No, didn't warn, and that's the substance of my few second thoughts. If there'd been any contact, I think I'd warned after I called the block. But, it was such a clean play by the shooter, and the basket didn't go, and the defender was so clearly faking, I just couldn't see letting it go. Actually, when I should have warned was the one before where the contact was minimal, and she came up protesting the no-call. THAT's the warning I regret holding back.
I agree...I would just go up to the coach and let them know what is going on and explain to them it might be a technical next time. Usually does the trick.