The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 02:57pm
certified Hot Mom tester

And the game rolls on

I'm sure we've all seen teams roll an inbound pass in to delay the starting of the clock. Yesterday, I had a team do it twice, neither time making sense. Both times were late in the game and they were down by about 5 points. The first time, the were inbounding on the endline after a made basket, so the clock was running anyway! The second time, a spot throw-in, again on their endline in backcourt. A1 rolls it in, A2 walks along side of it. The ball gets almost to the division line when B1 runs over, grabs the ball and goes in for an uncontested layup! Neither A1 or A2 even moved when this happened.

Sometimes, ya' just gotta shake your head.
Old Sun Jan 31, 2010, 03:15pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
The first time, the were inbounding on the endline after a made basket, so the clock was running anyway!

Sometimes, ya' just gotta shake your head.
One Rec League I do has a running clock until the last two minutes of the game. I see the kids do the "rolling ball inbounds play" to preserve the clock all the time..... funny!

Someday, they'll figure it out....or not!