The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Officials Uniform (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/56772-officials-uniform.html)

ILRef80 Thu Jan 28, 2010 01:34pm

I get most of my compression gear from Target. I have several shirts. I have to wear a compression shirt under my uniform. It just feels better.

doubleringer Thu Jan 28, 2010 01:43pm

I'm thinking about going with the flexi-belt. Not because my shirt comes out on the floor, but I just think they look sexy in the locker room. :D I believe Crash Davis said...."The rosebud goes in the front Big Guy."

CLH Thu Jan 28, 2010 04:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 656387)
I don't understand. I'm talking about that little bit of black that sticks above the v-neck. You see it at all levels of the game, up through the NBA.

Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about...the CCA manual says that if an undershirt is worn, it should not be seen...I know its often overlooked at many levels, but they you will seldom ever see in the NCAA-W, I cut a V in the neckline of my undershirts because I've had my a$$ ripped over it

jalons Thu Jan 28, 2010 04:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH (Post 656440)
Yep, I know exactly what you're talking about...the CCA manual says that if an undershirt is worn, it should not be seen...I know its often overlooked at many levels, but they you will seldom ever see in the NCAA-W, I cut a V in the neckline of my undershirts because I've had my a$$ ripped over it

I was at a camp (women's) two years ago and an official on the game before mine was ripped into by the clinician because the official's undershirt was showing. The clinician had the CCA manual out and was pointing and yelling at the offiicial. Thankfully I had the V-neck undershirt on that day. Of course she found plenty of other flaws in my game.

CLH Thu Jan 28, 2010 05:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jalons (Post 656442)
I was at a camp (women's) two years ago and an official on the game before mine was ripped into by the clinician because the official's undershirt was showing. The clinician had the CCA manual out and was pointing and yelling at the offiicial. Thankfully I had the V-neck undershirt on that day. Of course she found plenty of other flaws in my game.

It was probably me!!!! LOL, but i got it taken care of now ;)

riverfalls57 Thu Jan 28, 2010 06:01pm

I like the under armour tactical heat gear v neck t shirt. You can't see the logo and it feels good under the shirt. I also just hang dry them.

26 Year Gap Thu Jan 28, 2010 06:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMSN (Post 656301)
I wear a sleeveless UA compression shirt. Cost $20 or so, but I like the shirt, so it was worth it to me (and I had a gift certificate, so it was free).

+1 [except the free part]

jalons Thu Jan 28, 2010 07:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH (Post 656461)
It was probably me!!!!

America's Best Officiating Camp in Elgin, IL?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLH (Post 656461)
LOL, but i got it taken care of now ;)

The things we can learn from others.....

CLH Thu Jan 28, 2010 08:36pm

yep that was probably me, thank you lisa mattingly...lol

biggravy Thu Jan 28, 2010 09:09pm

Another vote for the WM Starter shirts. Cheap and very similar to UA.

Welpe Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:16pm

I bought a couple of these, which I like quite a bit underneath the Ultimate shirt sold by the same vendor.

Diamond V-Neck HOTSPORT® Loose Fit Shirt - Black: Ump Attire

Honig's as a v-neck undershirt from McDavid. They also have a compression v-neck and sleeveless v-neck.

http://www.honigs.com/sub/5/A55

Texas Aggie Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31pm

Quote:

under armour tactical heat gear v neck t shirt
That's what I wear and have been wearing them for 5 years or so. Now they are sold in more places but when I first got them, they were only sold in police supply places. No biggie either way.

I don't, however, like the newer UA fabric. I started wearing the Nike Pro shirt in football and will replace my UA shirts in basketball on an as needed basis. I wish they had a v-neck. I don't like the black showing, though it does depend on both the cut of the undershirt and officials shirt.

jdw3018 Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by riverfalls57 (Post 656472)
I like the under armour tactical heat gear v neck t shirt. You can't see the logo and it feels good under the shirt. I also just hang dry them.

This is what I wear. Plus the compression holds stuff where it's supposed to be.

I do, however, wash them. Cause I sweat a lot.

Texas Aggie Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:53pm

I'm sure he washes them too, but means he doesn't put them in the dryer. I had been air drying (no heat) my synthetics in the dryer (except uniforms) after washing. Now my new washer is so good they will air dry on their own in anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour (socks).

I highly recommend a front load washer when you replace your current one. You can set it on high spin and even cotton clothes can air/hang dry in a very short time.