The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 01:54pm
Official Forum Member

Retracting a Technical

Situation from a game earlier this year. Boys JV. Team A (home) has 20+ point lead. Coach of team B, who has been quiet all night, starts riding one of the refs and gets a T. About 90 seconds later, he earned himself another T. There was over 7 minutes left in the fourth period, Team B had no assistant coach, and only two set of parents in the stands. Reffing crew talked to visiting coach and retracted the second T so the game wouldn't be forfeited at that time (he had no official replacement). Team A coach was fine with it. Game ended without any more issues. Would you all have shut the game down at that point or taken the second T off the books?
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 02:26pm
In Memoriam

If the "T" was deserved, it stands.
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to StripesOhio
Me either.

If the game is a blowout, my ears tend to tune A LOT more things out from coaches.
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 02:36pm
In Time Out

yeah, coaches go from yelling at their players when they start to lose to sometimes blaming the refs. yada yada. let out some steam but don't cross the line
Old Sat Jan 23, 2010, 06:48pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantducky View Post
yeah, coaches go from yelling at their players when they start to lose to sometimes blaming the refs. yada yada. let out some steam but don't cross the line
BJV game yesterday - winning coach up by 10 couldn't believe the foul count was 8 (him) and 2 (them). It had nothing to do with the fact that he was running a full-court, man to man defense......

Chirp, chirp, chirp......I shoulda whacked him! Once again, I kick myself for the one I didn't give.....as opposed to the two I handed out today!