The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 04:52pm
Official Forum Member

How? For Clark Kent

Clark,
How do you go about making these utube clips? I have had some plays in the past that I would love to have the experts pick apart, but I don't know what's involved.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 05:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudwhistle View Post
Clark,
How do you go about making these utube clips? I have had some plays in the past that I would love to have the experts pick apart, but I don't know what's involved.
I'm not a computer wiz so maybe someone out there has more info but if it is on a DVD you'll need some video editing software to cut the plays down to a reasonable size.

I happen to have a girl come and video my games (best move I've ever made) and then as I break down my film I find plays that are questionable or one that I feel I could learn from and save them directly to my computer. From there it is a simple 5 minute or so upload to Youtube.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
I'm not a computer wiz so maybe someone out there has more info but if it is on a DVD you'll need some video editing software to cut the plays down to a reasonable size.

I happen to have a girl come and video my games (best move I've ever made) and then as I break down my film I find plays that are questionable or one that I feel I could learn from and save them directly to my computer. From there it is a simple 5 minute or so upload to Youtube.
Thanks,
I'm no whiz either, commercial fisherman, fourth grade teacher. I do have access to folks that are in the know. Maybe in the future I'll make one.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks,
I'm no whiz either, commercial fisherman, fourth grade teacher. I do have access to folks that are in the know. Maybe in the future I'll make one.
Well I for one would love to see it.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 05:53pm
Official Forum Member

Me, too. Throw in a fish and we're really in the clover.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
Me, too. Throw in a fish and we're really in the clover.
Fresh king salmon is hard to beat this time of the year! I'm going out this weekend to try and catch one. If you were here, I'd share the fish over a dinner, would be fun to compare stories!!

Call me if you get to Alaska!
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

If you have windows XP or greater it ships with a simple video editing software called Windows Movie Maker.

you can crop videos, add videos, transition effects, etc.

I do this sometimes to make some money but I use a more powerful program,but the one that I mentioned above will do the trick you want.
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 09:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks,
Ask a 4th grader!
Old Thu Jan 21, 2010, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post

This is the part where I get lost. What program do you use?
Old Fri Jan 22, 2010, 04:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrules View Post
This is the part where I get lost. What program do you use?
I don't use a program. I have a firewire cable and that plugs into my camera and to my computer, then when I plug it in a window pops up (no clue what program it is, it is a standard Windows Vista program that came with my computer) and allows me to download the video from my camera to my computer. The guy at best buy told me what I needed. Sorry I'm not much help, but hopefully the following links will do a better job than my own efforts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amqLeBW_Ycs
love the accent!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGl1lDwBmeE
Here's your 4th grader!!

Last edited by Clark Kent; Fri Jan 22, 2010 at 04:36am.