The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 15, 2010, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

Throw-in I need help

I know that when there is a designated spot throw if you throw it in and it goes out of bounds without touching anyone then the ball comes back to the original spot.I want to know if a throw in after a made basket obviously with clock running gets throwed in without touching someone if the ball gets taken out where it went out of bounds or back to where it was thrown in.I hope this makes sense.Please give me a rule on this if possible.
Thanks
Old Sat Jan 16, 2010, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moref View Post
I know that when there is a designated spot throw if you throw it in and it goes out of bounds without touching anyone then the ball comes back to the original spot.I want to know if a throw in after a made basket obviously with clock running gets throwed in without touching someone if the ball gets taken out where it went out of bounds or back to where it was thrown in.I hope this makes sense.Please give me a rule on this if possible.
Thanks
In both cases, it's a throw-in violation (not an OOB violation). So, the subsequent throw-in is at the spot of the original throw-in. It doesn't matter whether the original throw-in was a spot throw-in or a "run the endline" throw-in.
Old Sat Jan 16, 2010, 12:35am
Official Forum Member

I don't know why all of a sudden I was thinking about this.I guess I had heard it come up somewhere.I didn't find anything in the rulebook or casebook to support the theory that the ball would not be returned to the original spot the throw-in was made.Thanks