The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 14, 2010, 08:07pm
Official Forum Member

A little bit of everything tonight...

Frosh Girls tonight.

I could tell B's coach was going to be an issue from the get go. At the captain's meeting he grunted and gave me a "wet fish" handshake when I introduced myself, and generally looked like he had much better things to do. Not 30 seconds into the game, he's chirping about a non-call. For the rest of the game though, I was pleasantly surprised with his demeanor. He was no big deal.

During a timeout, Team B's coach sent two subs to the table just after the warning horn. I informed him that his subs would have to wait, and I could hear him say to his bench "Nobody's ever told me that before". Sort of had to laugh.

Had two lane violations, one on the second of two shots, the other on the shooter during her pre-shot routine on the first of three.

Kicked a travel call (one that I should have called), but redeemed myself with a call when A1 was going up for a shot, B1 got her hand on the ball (her hand then came off), but did not prevent A1 from shooting, then A1 landed. Took me just a second to think about it.

Had a DOG warning on B. On the ensuing inbounds, A1 is moving one foot, but staying well within the alloted space. Of course, it's right in front of B's bench. The entire bench wanted me to call travelling. Wanted to laugh, but held it in.

Then, I had something unexpected happen. B's coach, who hadn't been very pleasant all game long, complimented me on a PC foul I called on one of his players. Didn't see that one coming for sure.

I like the games that test your knowledge. Tonight was one of those for sure.