The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 10:45pm
Official Forum Member

It was fun again tonight!

After a several game slump I had a great B JV game tonight. Home up by 12 at half and almost ended up losing to a scrappy visiting team. VERY LOUD small gym...I love the loud ones. Fans really into game. Good play. Fast pace. Very good partner. Coaches that coached their teams and didn't whine or try to officiate from the side. Felt like a good official again! Just a lot of fun. Man it felt good!!!!!!!
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

I haven't had a very close game yet this year. Certainly no OT. I'm afraid, because I'm due and I'm reffing 8 games on Thursday and Friday this week!
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:10pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

It's nice when that happens, ain't it?
I had a game where the home team was down by 12 as late as the start of the 4th quarter. Came back and tied it at 55 on a last second layup, and went on to win by 15 points in overtime. Visitors just fell apart.
Much better than my other two overtime games this year.
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 11:56pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
After a several game slump I had a great B JV game tonight. Home up by 12 at half and almost ended up losing to a scrappy visiting team. VERY LOUD small gym...I love the loud ones. Fans really into game. Good play. Fast pace. Very good partner. Coaches that coached their teams and didn't whine or try to officiate from the side. Felt like a good official again! Just a lot of fun. Man it felt good!!!!!!!

So.....what happened after you woke up?
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 08:41am
Official Forum Member

Believe It or Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
So.....what happened after you woke up?
Games over and I am about to step in the shower,knock on the door. Thinking it's my partner , young lady in the next room over, I open the door. Parent standing there with the young man who earned a T from me for motor mouthing all night. Before I could close the door Kid apologizes for having a smart mouth. I say no big deal apology accepted. Father then tells me to have a nice evening and literally grabs his son by the collar and moves him out. It was a true "Hoisers" moment. I thought Gene Hackman was gonna come in next......

I am also having alot of fun this year. Better quality games, better partners and I think I am becoming a better partner. My partner last night was a very articulate,athletic,charming 19 yo young lady. Really had her stuff together for being a blonde 19 yo. LOL I had a double foul and tried to bonehead it by going to the AP arrow and she very calmly and nicely mentioned we might want to go to POI. If I was like a 100 years younger that partner of mine would have been in serious trouble with me following her all around town.
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
It may parallel golf.
Nine 8 holes of serious hacking, and then making par on #9.
"Let's go another round!"