Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:07pm
Official Forum Member

Words can't describe.... this video.

Finally he is dumped later in the game.

Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:15pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Oh, I dunno

Blow a gasket.....lose one's mind.....go crazy.....act a fool.....create a scene.... set a bad example....

Those are pretty good words to describe it IMO!
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:21pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I wonder why the official who was the target of this outburst didn't assess the initial technical foul. Instead, it looked like another official came in and ended up assessing one after the fact.

Clearly he said something over the line and knew it cause he simply walked off after getting ejected.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:24pm
Official Forum Member

Almost looks like a Saturday Night Live skit.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 06:24pm
M.A.S.H.

I wondered this too, Rich. The only thing I can come up with is that maybe he tried to MF the other official to the official standing right there... all things considered, I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt to the officials.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 07:09pm
Do not give a damn!!

It would not have taken much for him to say anything. His actions were enough. But then again, I have no problem with a partner sticking a coach for something said at me. It lets me know he has my back and that I do not need to hear everything to have action taken. I can live with what happened here.

Peace
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 07:12pm
Official Forum Member

No nuts by the official that was being berated. Felt bad for the official who had to administer both of the technicals.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 07:43pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ref View Post
No nuts by the official that was being berated. Felt bad for the official who had to administer both of the technicals.
Don't "feel bad" for him. He took care of business and did what needed to be done. Yeah, his partner had no stones - and I'm sure they discussed it later in the day.......
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 08:20pm
In Time Out

well they got it done, kind of weird having a coach go on like that but things to be ready for. kind of a strange play when the player lost the ball and then got hit.
way to go Cards))))))))))))))))))))))))) even though I'm a packer fan that rocked.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 08:39pm
Official Forum Member

#1. Official allowed the coach to get way out of hand by running onto the court during the time out.

#2. I would not be the least bit surprised if he used the F-Bomb or some other bomb.

#3, I want to be clear that I am NOT defending the coach's actions in any way. At the same time, even though the video is not real clear, the defender certainly looked like he got a lot more than ball (notice the signal being given by the lead). The bench had an awfully good look at the play.

the Center was unable to provide any assistance because he was behind the play and had very bad angle.

Once again, actions inexcusable -- ejection well-warranted. But, did the offical miss the foul call?
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:11pm
Esteemed Participant

As a parent of two High School athletes, I would have a serious issue with the way the Coach was shoving his players around after the first T. Absolutely no reason for him to make contact with the kids like that...I'd be having a meeting with the AD.

As an official - they called what he forced them to call. I would like to have seen the first one come quicker - like when he ran out on the court yelling. But they took care of it.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
As a parent of two High School athletes, I would have a serious issue with the way the Coach was shoving his players around after the first T. Absolutely no reason for him to make contact with the kids like that...I'd be having a meeting with the AD.

As an official - they called what he forced them to call. I would like to have seen the first one come quicker - like when he ran out on the court yelling. But they took care of it.
As a HS parent, I would echo these thoughts. I saw that the first time through, I ended up focusing more on the second play -- as it was more than a little obvious that the first T was more than deserved.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHCoachNRef View Post
#3, I want to be clear that I am NOT defending the coach's actions in any way. At the same time, even though the video is not real clear, the defender certainly looked like he got a lot more than ball (notice the signal being given by the lead). The bench had an awfully good look at the play.
Let's see...

The head coach that was complaining was sitting at the end of his bench which was closest to the other team's basket, somewhere around the second lane space. The foul that he wanted called occurred all the way across the court appriximately at around the top of the 3-point arc.

Let's do the math.....

It's 50 feet across the court plus another few feet from the bench.

From where the coach was sitting, it would be about 54 feet down the court at the other end.

Sooooo....54 feet down and 50 feet across...square the hypotenuse...round off....deduct 2 ....add 6 inches for the Ron Jeremy(tm) effect.....and it comes out to occurring one helluva long way away from the coach.

Yup, the FAR bench had a great look at the steal.

You really do think like a coach, don't you?
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee View Post
Let's see...

The head coach that was complaining was sitting at the end of his bench which was closest to the other team's basket, somewhere around the second lane space. The foul that he wanted called occurred all the way across the court appriximately at around the top of the 3-point arc.

Let's do the math.....

It's 50 feet across the court plus another few feet from the bench.

From where the coach was sitting, it would be about 54 feet down the court at the other end.

Sooooo....54 feet down and 50 feet across...square the hypotenuse...round off....deduct 2 ....add 6 inches for the Ron Jeremy(tm) effect.....and it comes out to occurring one helluva long way away from the coach.

Yup, the FAR bench had a great look at the steal.

You really do think like a coach, don't you?
JR,
Did not say the "head coach", I said the bench -- which was much closer to the play than 54 feet -- more like 25 feet. Appeared to have a better angle than the official on this play.

Probably a little.

Last edited by CMHCoachNRef; Sun Jan 10, 2010 at 09:51pm.
Old Sun Jan 10, 2010, 09:53pm
Official Forum Member

couple thoughts

Let me preface this by saying I don't in any way condone what the coach did, and both T's appear warranted.

It 'appears' to me that the official who passed on the steal call, and didn't issue the T, looks to be a lot younger than the official who T'd the coach-hence the veteran taking care of business.

Secondly, I want you to look at the opposite side official's positioning-he's coming up court as trial, but is running past the play-why on earth would he try and work 'inside out' as a hustling trail in transition??? Not saying he got the call right or wrong, but he certainly doesn't appear to have the best angle on the play...

Thoughts?