The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Aug 11, 2002, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

I would like to know some websites where i could find the rules for games or some other games like twenty-one. You could also put some of the games that u guys know and the rules... THat would be great thx!!!!!!!
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 11:00am
Official Forum Member

Other than 21, of which I've played a number of the variations in the other post, I used to play something with my brothers that we called "5A" or "5T". I don't remember which, and I cannot imagine what the letters stood for anyway!

The 1st shooter starts shooting a freethrow. If he misses, he rebounds and shoots from wherever he recovers the ball. This continues until he finally makes the basket.

If it took him 4 tries to make the basket, the next shooter, starting at the freethrow line, must make his basket in 4 tries or less. If he makes it in 3, the next shooter must make a basket in 3 tries or less.

A shooter failing to make a basket in the required number of attempts gets one 'A' or 'T' or whatever letter you choose. Once you get five letters/points/whatever, you are out of the game.

This is a great game for teaching shooters to make freethrows under pressure, because most of the points come when someone hits the freethrow on their first try. This came could also be played from the 3-point line.
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 11:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
two games I like that I didn't see posted.

Around the world:

Starting from the low block you go around the FT lane to the elbow, FT line & down the other side. You move up 1 space & shoot again until you miss. If you miss you can take a second try but if you miss that you go back to the start. Object is to get to the opposite low block & back again to the start.

5-3-1

first shot is a FT, 5 pts if made. second is 3 pts, third is 1 pt. If you make any shot you can take the next shot from anywhere. If you miss you take the next shot from where you got the rebound. First to 100 pts wins. If you make all 3 shots then you go back to the FT line for the next set. If you miss all 3 you lose all your points. So the idea is to hit the FT then take 2 layups to go back to the ft line for your next set. great way to kill an hour in the driveway!
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

One that I first heard at Don Meyer's (coach at Northern State) basketball camp, is called 35.

1. Start at 3-pt line next to baseline. Shoot a 3.
2. Get the ball back, start at the 3-pt line, do a ball fake, dribble once, and shoot a mid-range jumper.
3. Get the ball back, and starting from the spot where you shot the mid-range jumper, do a ball fake, and dribble in for a lay-up.

3-pointers count 3, mid-range jumpers count 2, lay-ups 1.

Shoot from 5 stations: both baselines, both wings, and top of the key. After shooting all five stations shoot ft's (1 point each).

Make it more difficult by shooting your lay-ups with the left hand on the left-side shots, and the right hand on the right-side shots. Bounce it off your head when you drive the middle.

- Catherine Aird
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to fletch_irwin_m
Knock - Out is always a crowd favorite
2 Balls. Player A shoots from FT or 3Pt line. If he makes he goes to end of line. If he/she misses, they have to shoot (lay ups, whatever) until they make it. The crux comes when the player behind them has a ball and tries to score before player A. In short, if the person behind makes a basket before the person in front of them, they KNOCK OUT the person in front of them.

Sonic Drill (George Karl's)
2 teams. Each team must shoot from the Baseling 3pt Top of Key 3pt and other baseline 3 pt. (You can choose others). They have to make "X" amount from each spot. The fun starts when you yell SWITCH the teams switch ends of the floor and must resume from there.
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Knock-out sounds like a game that we played at school called bump!

Knock-out sounds like a game that we played at school called bump! It 's the exact sames thingy...
Old Mon Aug 12, 2002, 09:32pm
Official Forum Member

Kids at my school play knock-out as well and they also call it bump. One of the things that's been added is that they can intentionally try to bump player 1s ball away if it comes near them. Player 1 then has to chase down his ball and make the basket before player 2. Hence why the kids started calling this game bump.

Ren
Old Tue Aug 13, 2002, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

Yeah

SOunds like the way that we usaed to play!
Old Wed Aug 14, 2002, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

When I was in High School we played a game called Tip 10. It was basically like H-O-R-S-E but with a few added wrinkles.
Player 1 shoots. If player 1 misses and player 2 can get the rebound and make the shot before landing then player 1 gets one point. If player 1 makes his shot then player 2 must shoot from the same spot. If player 2 misses the shot then he gets one point. If player 3 can get the rebound and make the shot before coming down, then player 2 will get another point. If player 3 can dunk the ball on the rebound, player 2 will get a 3rd point. (note: we usually played this game on a 9 ft. goal so the dunking would be more of a factor). You would continue like this until a rebound shot was made, the ball hit the ground, or a player possesed the ball while on the ground.
If a player made a rebound shot, he would get to choose where to shoot from for the next set shot. If no one made a shot before the ball hit the ground, it would revert back to the player who missed the original set shot. When you get 10 points you're out.