Old Wed Jul 10, 2002, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
Okay hold up.....

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Hohn
I didn't offer him a reply, didn't "T" him, and just brushed him off. We were too experienced to even stoop to a "T" in that situation.

The chapter who is in charge of officials isn't mine, but I offered them advice that they don't take that crap from him
Jeremy, how do you reconcile these two statements? First, you say that you didn't assess a T for his behavior; your crew was too experienced to do that. But then your advice to other officials is not to tolerate his behavior? Well, which is it? I honestly don't understand. If you think that you handled him correctly, by not giving the T, then why should other officials give a T in similar circumstances?

Chuck, I was referring to the fact that the behavior of the administrator, not his role as a coach.

Quote:
My advice is to fight it, or find another league to ref in.
Why fight it? They obviously don't want him and have enough clout to make things miserable for him. Who would want to work in those circumstances? If it were me, I would simply find another youth league to work.[/quote]

Chuck---Agreed.

Quote:
But in other situation, other coaches were seen calling him DURING GAMES on their cell phones to complain/offer concerns about officiating
Jeremy, how in the world could you know what they were talking about on the cell phone? I doubt that the coach himself told you, although I guess that's possible. I would be slow to make comments like that, simply b/c they make you sound paranoid. Especially if I didn't have first-hand knowledge of the content of their conversations. Just my opinion,

Chuck [/B][/QUOTE]

Okay Chuck, coach disagrees with a call...picks up cell phone...2 minutes later the tournament director/coach appears and coach "A" is venting to him and pointing at officials. Doen't take a genious. PLUS it happend on more than one occassion.

[Edited by Jeremy Hohn on Jul 10th, 2002 at 12:37 PM]
Old Wed Jul 10, 2002, 01:22pm
In Memoriam

One little thing that's kinda bothered me-why is the coach allowed to use a cellphone in the first place? Is there some special rule in place in this league allowing their use? They're illegal under FED and NCAA rules,because you don't really know whether the coach is getting help or advise from someone in the stands.
Old Wed Jul 10, 2002, 02:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy Hohn Send a message via Yahoo to Jeremy Hohn
I have no idea..that is just one of the problems they have with the Ricky Romero camps in Lubbock...