Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 16, 2009, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Hey, my fan is back.
Old Sun May 17, 2009, 04:04am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
I see guys that are supposed to be tops in our association call travels on bobbles all the time. Drives me nuts, kid never has control and it gets whistled. The coaches don't complain because they don't know the rule. I ask what they had and they always say he had control when it is plain for anyone to see he didn't. I just want to slap them sometimes...
Old Sun May 17, 2009, 09:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I really disagree with this. I think coaches try certain officials to see if they can get away with stuff or see how you will react. Once coaches realize that you are not a push over, they will adjust if they know better.

Peace
You're not getting my point. Coaches will adjust to officials who won't put up with garbage from them. But, when they get officials who let them scream in their ear and make statements and not ask questions, they walk all over them. Consequently, they like those officials working their games because they know they can get away with anything they want without the said official doing anything about it.
Old Sun May 17, 2009, 02:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
You're not getting my point. Coaches will adjust to officials who won't put up with garbage from them. But, when they get officials who let them scream in their ear and make statements and not ask questions, they walk all over them. Consequently, they like those officials working their games because they know they can get away with anything they want without the said official doing anything about it.
You are right, I did miss the point. Because I really do not see what calling traveling in itself has to do with coach's complaining? I really think traveling is called because it is not easy to always call and people call things because it looks funny. I really do not think it is much more complicated than that. I see obvious travels called and obvious travels missed. I do not think it has much to do with what coaches or fans say at all. It comes down to the ability of the officials to have judgment just like most fouls that are called in a game.

Peace
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 08:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are right, I did miss the point. Because I really do not see what calling traveling in itself has to do with coach's complaining? I really think traveling is called because it is not easy to always call and people call things because it looks funny. I really do not think it is much more complicated than that. I see obvious travels called and obvious travels missed. I do not think it has much to do with what coaches or fans say at all. It comes down to the ability of the officials to have judgment just like most fouls that are called in a game.

Peace
So who were the Final Four officials?
Old Mon May 18, 2009, 11:39am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by refguy View Post
So who were the Final Four officials?
I do not remember. That has been a long time ago.

Peace