The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 03, 2009, 10:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Talking I had to write this one down

Spring league freshman boys game. A1 is inbounding on a spot throw in. B1 is guarding A2 and he has his back to A1. As A1 inbounds, A2 moves over a few feet and B1 slides over with him, always with his back to A1. The inbound pass hits B1 in the back of the shoe and caroms back toward A1 who jumps and catches the ball before he has touched inbounds. I call the OOB violation on A1 and award the ball to team B.

Coach A goes nuts and screams for a kicked ball on B1. I tell him that a kick must be intentional and B1 couldn't possibly have known where the pass was because he had his back to the ball.

Before I tell you the coach's response, perhaps you'd better sit down. He then yells, "But maybe he saw it in a reflection". No, I am not making this up. It was all I could do to stop myself from saying to the coach, who is follicly challenged, "You mean, like off your head?"

Of course, this facility has multiple mirrors hanging from the ceiling. Yeah, right. My partner laughed so hard we had to take an official's timeout.
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 12:15am
Official Forum Member

The early leader for post of the month.
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 07:05am
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
The early leader for post of the month.
I second the nomination! (If that is the nomination?)
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 02:08pm
Official Forum Member

Didn't we allready have a post about people saying stupid things. This guy is the clear-cut winner.
I don't know why but this just reminded me of something stupid a guy said to me out fishing one day. Off topic I know. The fishing area is crowded with boats so when someone hooks a fish people in boats nearby stand ready at their anchors to pull them up if your fish runs by. (Fishing for king salmon by the way) As I am fighting my king I see that it is headed his way so I give him the heads up. He tells me that it is nowhere near his anchor line. After repeatedly asking him to pull it he tells me, This still cracks me up, to CONTROL MY FISH!!! Of course my fish becomes entangled in his anchor line and breaks off. We spent the next hour screaming control your fish to everyone that hooked up. Everyone around is laughing hystericly. The guy finally had enough, pulled his anchor and went home. People like that should come with a warning lable we all can see so we can be ready.

Last edited by AKOFL; Mon May 04, 2009 at 09:40pm.
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 02:40pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
Didn't we allready have a post about people saying stupid things. This guy is the clear-cut winner.
I don't know why but this just reminded me of something stupid a guy said to me out fishing one day. Off topic I know. The fishing area is crowded with boats so when someone hooks a fish people in boats nearby stand ready at their anchors to pull them up if your fish runs by. (Fishing for king salmon by the way) As I am fighting my king I see that it is headed his way so I give him the heads up. He tells me that it is nowhere near his anchor line. After repeatedly asking him to pull it he tells me, This still cracks me up, to CONTROL MY FISH!!! Of course my fish becomes entangled in his anchor line and breaks off. We spent the next hour screaming control your fish to everyone that hooked up. Everyone around is laughing hystericly. The guy finally had enough, pulled his anchor and went home. People like that should come with a warning lable we all can see so we con be ready.
"Control your fish", that can be the new tag line for us to tell HC's to control their bench personnel.
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 03:56pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKOFL View Post
I don't know why but this just reminded me of something stupid a guy said to me out fishing one day. Off topic I know. The fishing area is crowded with boats so when someone hooks a fish people in boats nearby stand ready at their anchors to pull them up if your fish runs by. (Fishing for king salmon by the way) As I am fighting my king I see that it is headed his way so I give him the heads up. He tells me that it is nowhere near his anchor line. After repeatedly asking him to pull it he tells me, This still cracks me up, to CONTROL MY FISH!!! Of course my fish becomes entangled in his anchor line and breaks off. We spent the next hour screaming control your fish to everyone that hooked up. Everyone around is laughing hystericly. The guy finally had enough, pulled his anchor and went home. People like that should come with a warning lable we all can see so we con be ready.
Guy must have been from Palmer!!
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 05:24pm
Aleve Titles to Others

Send a message via AIM to 26 Year Gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
"Control your fish", that can be the new tag line for us to tell HC's to control their bench personnel.
One of those "You just wouldn't understand" statements. Sorta like rule explanations.
Old Mon May 04, 2009, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Guy must have been from Palmer!!
That makes him a Palmerainian. 1 bad apple
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 05:26am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I believe......

I believe everytime ole Mr. Padgett posts another one of his "Bizzarro World" hoops stories I'm just gonna have to tell him, "Mark, control your fish!"

A classic!
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 11:17am
certified Hot Mom tester

I'd put this coach's comment in the same category as the coach who yelled "That's a..a..a..whatchamacallit!" three times on one game. I finally told him I didn't know the signal for that.

BTW - I have "Coach Kickedball" again this coming weekend in two games. Oh boy!
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 11:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
I'd put this coach's comment in the same category as the coach who yelled "That's a..a..a..whatchamacallit!" three times on one game. I finally told him I didn't know the signal for that.

BTW - I have "Coach Kickedball" again this coming weekend in two games. Oh boy!
You might tell him he's better suited for soccer.
Old Tue May 05, 2009, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

This reminds me of a similar story. I was at the Carrier Dome for a Syracuse - Pittsburgh game. Game is coming down to the wire with Pitt going to the line for some big free throws. I was watching intently from the 3rd level, in the corner on the opposite side of where the free thows were going on. Of course, the guy in front of me who is a large man starts waving his hands repeatedly and yelling "HEYYYYY" as if Brandin Knight will be distracted through the reflection on the backboard.