The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 24, 2002, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

New POE states the following:

Religious and medical alert medals may be worn provided: 1) religious medals are taped and worn under the uniform, necklaces/bracelets must be removed or also taped and completely under the uniform; and 2) medical alert medals are taped to the body (portions may be visible to show medical information), necklaces/bracelets must be removed or also completely taped.

I understand this to say a medical alert bracelet may be worn if it is completely taped. Or may portions be visible? What do you all anticipate enforcing?

Old Mon Jun 24, 2002, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bard
New POE states the following:

Religious and medical alert medals may be worn provided: 1) religious medals are taped and worn under the uniform, necklaces/bracelets must be removed or also taped and completely under the uniform; and 2) medical alert medals are taped to the body (portions may be visible to show medical information), necklaces/bracelets must be removed or also completely taped.

I understand this to say a medical alert bracelet may be worn if it is completely taped. Or may portions be visible? What do you all anticipate enforcing?

The rule itself (quoted above) says "portions may be visible" -- have the chain taped down so the medalion is tight to the skin; leave the medalion showing.

This hasn't changed from the last several years.
Old Fri Jun 28, 2002, 12:51am
Official Forum Member

Question Last few years?

I don't recall any provision for this before. However, it has been my personal standard practice. I am not willing to have a player remove a medical alert identification, get hurt, be rushed to the hospital, and then a tradegy occur because *I* had the medical alert removed. I have it taped completely down, then covered with a sweat band. I figure a hospital will remove any tape real quick.

Glad to see it official!!
Old Fri Jun 28, 2002, 06:16am
Official Forum Member

Re: Last few years?

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Ogg
[. . .] and then a tradegy occur because *I* had the medical alert removed.
Just a handy hint to help in the liability department (I know it's been brought up before) - you can never order a player to remove a piece of clothing or equipment; you just can (and must) prohibit them from playing while wearing it.

Old Fri Jun 28, 2002, 08:26am
Official Forum Member

Mark,

My understanding this year is that we are not to have medic alert bracelets/necklaces removed. Rather, they are to be securely taped down with only the medic alert information showing.
Old Sun Jun 30, 2002, 10:50am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
here in Ontario...no medical alert braclets are allowed.
Old Sun Jun 30, 2002, 02:28pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
here in Ontario...no medical alert braclets are allowed.
moose69,
Is that okay with you?
Ya know they make soft ones?
mick
Old Mon Jul 01, 2002, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to moose69
it's not ok with me. I've argued with the powers at be many times. And for what it's worth..i have yet to see the soft braclets here in Ontario-maybe it's an American thing?

Tyler