The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Did you read the linked thread in the OP? The link was to a thread on a different forum about getting told we do a good job after a game. That is not why I got into officiating, I don't know about you.
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 10:57pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bas2456 View Post
Did you read the linked thread in the OP? The link was to a thread on a different forum about getting told we do a good job after a game. That is not why I got into officiating, I don't know about you.
I do not know what your comments here have to do with the overall statement you made earlier. I did not question why you got into officiating, I simply said that if you believe what you stated, you do not know a lot about officiating and neither do the people that repeat that statement.

Peace
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 11:09pm
Official Forum Member

I don't know what statement you are referring to...
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 11:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I don't know what statement you are referring to...
Here is what I am referring to.

Quote:
They say that you know a game is well-officiated when you seemingly don't even notice the refs are there. The game has a certain rhythm to it, and the refs are part of that rhythm. If the rhythm is disrupted, that's when people start complaining about the officiating.
Then you defended those words by saying this.

Quote:
The game of basketball has a rhythm unlike any other game. Baseball is slow, football is too choppy, but basketball has rhythm and flow. What's so wrong about my comments

Peace
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Im confused...did I contradict myself?
Old Thu Mar 19, 2009, 11:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Im confused...did I contradict myself?
Who said you contradicted yourself. It seemed to me you made a statement that I disagreed with, and then you supported those words by justifying what you said with other words. Remember, you asked a question about what I thought and I answered it. There is nothing saying that we have to agree. I just feel your comment has no merit.

Peace
Old Fri Mar 20, 2009, 01:23am
Official Forum Member

I got ya now...just the way you were reposting everything I said made me think I contradicted myself without realizing it
Old Fri Mar 20, 2009, 03:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
I got ya now...just the way you were reposting everything I said made me think I contradicted myself without realizing it
You can take this anyway you want to, but I am not sure how you got anyone. I just disagree with your flawed point of view.

And if you do not realize it now, you will realize it in the future either through personal experience or observing someone that you will see someone (might be you) put into a situation you did not expect to be in and it will have nothing to do with wanting that "glory" as you put it.

What happened to that Ohio official that we have been talking about for the past few days is the very example I am getting at. His name was in the paper all for doing his job and the school put him into a situation that he would not have been in if they just accepted the outcome and not find excuses for their team's failure. And now this guy will forever be known as the official that “should have apologized” for his call.

Peace
Old Fri Mar 20, 2009, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

I'm not sure why anyone has a desire for "glory" in officiating. There is no glory in it to begin with. Everyone hates you at some point, it just depends on when it is. I don't officiate anything for attention or glory. I do it because I like it and I enjoy the sports I'm calling. The money isn't bad either.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2009, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You can take this anyway you want to, but I am not sure how you got anyone. I just disagree with your flawed point of view.

And if you do not realize it now, you will realize it in the future either through personal experience or observing someone that you will see someone (might be you) put into a situation you did not expect to be in and it will have nothing to do with wanting that "glory" as you put it.

What happened to that Ohio official that we have been talking about for the past few days is the very example I am getting at. His name was in the paper all for doing his job and the school put him into a situation that he would not have been in if they just accepted the outcome and not find excuses for their team's failure. And now this guy will forever be known as the official that “should have apologized” for his call.

Peace
I think you misunderstood my post. By saying "I got ya now", I meant I understand you now. Not "Ha I have you trapped".

I have no problem with you disagreeing with my post, everyone has their opinions, which is why I like message boards.

What I don't understand is where you are going with that example of the ref in Ohio.