The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   OT - Funny message boards (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/52236-ot-funny-message-boards.html)

zm1283 Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:07pm

OT - Funny message boards

This is no surprise, but if you guys want a laugh, go to Mizzou's fan message board during a game.

TigerBoard.com :: Basketball Board

It is hilarious to read. They think every call that goes against them is a crap call. They're convinced that Big 12 officials are exclusively bad and are out to get them every game.

BktBallRef Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19pm

Reminds me of a basketball official who has the same opinion of NFL officials.

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

zm1283 Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BktBallRef (Post 587806)
Reminds me of a basketball official who has the same opinion of NFL officials.

Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

Hmmm, except for the fact that I'm not a fan of either team that was in the Super Bowl.

I will admit that calling NFL officials incompetent as a whole wasn't called for. I do maintain that football officiating is the worst of the three major sports, pro and college included.

Adam Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 587811)
I will admit that calling NFL officials incompetent as a whole wasn't called for.

Should have stopped there.

Juulie Downs Fri Mar 13, 2009 07:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 587790)
This is no surprise, but if you guys want a laugh, go to Mizzou's fan message board during a game.

TigerBoard.com :: Basketball Board

It is hilarious to read. They think every call that goes against them is a crap call. They're convinced that Big 12 officials are exclusively bad and are out to get them every game.

Every fan is convinced that they have the worst officials in their conference and that their team gets the worst of it in their conference. That's part of the definition of fan.

BktBallRef Fri Mar 13, 2009 08:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 587811)
Hmmm, except for the fact that I'm not a fan of either team that was in the Super Bowl.

I will admit that calling NFL officials incompetent as a whole wasn't called for. I do maintain that football officiating is the worst of the three major sports, pro and college included.

All that just makes you a fanboy.

budjones05 Fri Mar 13, 2009 09:43am

Mr. ZM1983

You have come to the wrong place to criticize officials at the D1 level. And I take offense because one of those officials got me started into officiating in Jr. High and High School. In fact, he gave me most my games in my first and second year. If you come to be bring down officiating, I suggest reading your NFHS officials manuel for the first pages and you will learn what it takes to be a official.

Adam Fri Mar 13, 2009 09:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by budjones05 (Post 587916)
Mr. ZM1983

You have come to the wrong place to criticize officials at the D1 level. And I take offense because one of those officials got me started into officiating in Jr. High and High School. In fact, he gave me most my games in my first and second year. If you come to be bring down officiating, I suggest reading your NFHS officials manuel for the first pages and you will learn what it takes to be a official.

He thinks that only applies to the sport he officiates. Other sports are fair game.

budjones05 Fri Mar 13, 2009 09:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaqwells (Post 587921)
He thinks that only applies to the sport he officiates. Other sports are fair game.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the FED have the same code of ethics to all officials in all sports?

Adam Fri Mar 13, 2009 09:59am

I would think so. To me, it's more of a character thing....

budjones05 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:02am

Snagwell, you took the words out of me.

zm1283 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by budjones05 (Post 587916)
Mr. ZM1983

Where did I criticize any particular D1 official? I just gave an opinion that football is the worst of the three major sports.

Adam Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 587943)
Where did I criticize any particular D1 official? I just gave an opinion that football is the worst of the three major sports.

He never said you criticized "a" D1 official. Frankly, that would be better than a blanket statement such as yours.

Your insistence that you are right in spite of being shot down pretty easily on the football side is enlightening.

To say any sport is the worst when your perspective of that sport is only as a fan is not very credible.

budjones05 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zm1283 (Post 587943)

Have you officiated a NFL football game before? Or any level of football either? My opinion is even if you never officiated a sport before, hold your self to a level that doesn't belittle officiating as a whole. We expect this from a fan off the street, but not one of our own.

zm1283 Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by budjones05 (Post 587950)
Have you officiated a NFL football game before?

No.

Quote:

Or any level of football either?
Yes. Not a high level but I have done it.

Quote:

My opinion is even if you never officiated a sport before, hold your self to a level that doesn't belittle officiating as a whole. We expect this from a fan off the street, but not one of our own.
I'm not belittling officiating as a whole, but I guess that's your opinion.