The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 21, 2009, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

What a way to end the year!

Last game of the season last night. Picked up a boys JV game about 2 weeks ago. Two teams with "less than spectacular" talent. Home is up by about 11 going into 4th quarter and ready to blow V away when V starts dropping 3s and pulling back into the game. Game is tied at .51 seconds. Back and forth. Home gets fouled and hits two free throws to go up by 3 with 6.1 left. V calls TO. After TO I prepare to inbound the ball. I tell the player he can run the end line. Tweet & hand ball to player. He gets the ball in to a guard who fumbles the ball which rolls left. Guard scrambles, recovers the ball and picks it up at the volleyball end line. .09 on the clock and he heaves a three--pointer. I put up left arm and see the shot headed straight for the rim. Horn blows with ball in the air. Ball hits rim, circles and rims out. Started slow, boring, and ugly. Ended fast, exciting, and fun as all get out. Great partner. Good calls on both of our parts. Fans into the game. I'm glad its over for this year, but just wait until next year!!!!!!