The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:11pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Smile Gotta work those angles…….

Friday night F/JVB games. My partner and I worked really well together. After the game we go back to the office to change and post-game and the V Officials are there. Good guys we know. One is on our training committee and wants to hear our chat. I was the R and did it and asked him what he thought of our performance. I was pleasantly surprised by his and the others comments.

One specific point a V official made – on one three-point try I was the T and kinda got straight lined behind the shooter. I didn’t signal three as it “looked like he was on the line.” V official, while a long way away from the play, was correct to point this out and he told me to move to improve here to get a better angle. Point taken.

Move to Sat morning, B12U, A1 goes up for a three-pointer in the 3rd period, I move to improve, see his shot well, and signal the good three point attempt.

Between periods three and four, “joe dad” who I recognize from previous games, comes a few feet on to the floor and says in a friendly way, “Hey, I got a bone to pick with you.” Me, “and that is?” He says, “I’m filming the game. My son doesn’t make many threes and today, just as he’s lining one up and I got it all, you move and get in the way. Thanks!” He smiled at me and went back to his seat. Guess he got a good view of my backside....

Can’t win for losing!
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 02:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

"Let's be careful out there." (Sergeant Philip Esterhaus) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
“I’m filming the game. My son doesn’t make many threes and today, just as he’s lining one up ...
As I was reading this post this quote (above) jumped out at me before I read the entire post. I thought the rest of the post would say something like, "You counted it as a two, and it's a three on tape". Everything we do now is on tape, maybe not on the local television news, maybe not even on a team's game tape, but everything we do it at least on some parents camcorder, or even a cell phone. This makes it more imperative that we do our job as best as we can. No ten second violations after we only "chop" eight seconds, or twelve seconds. No five second throwin, or closely guarded, violations when we only "chop" three, or four, seconds.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)