The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 12:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
I do it all, where ever they send me, Rec Games are hard for me to deal with, mentality of Rec coaches, but I do them and give out my share of T's.

If you need some help let me know, I am not above anything.

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Flying Solo

I have done numerous games solo, some planned, some not so planned the games run the spectrum of high school sophomore boys to men's rec league, to 1st and 2nd graders.

If I'm working solo I make sure I have a brief coaches/captain meeting before we start, talk about sportsmanship, talk about OOB on tableside, talk to them about I will do the best I possibly can; I tell them I'm working opposite the table, so we won't be seeing the same thiing, so they can relax and coach.

In fact in one game, a fairly hot rivalry, partner didn't get message game was moved up two hours, I did boys soph game solo. We had security guards on both endlines, so I enlisted their help on calling OOB on the end line, and gave the table side OOB to the two coaches, any dispute, PA. Game went really well got complimented by AD, and in fact he processed payment way faster than the regular pay schedule.

Working solo by far is not a license to take it easy, if you don't want to be lunchmeat for the coaches, you got to work harder.
Old Sun Feb 01, 2009, 01:29pm
Esteemed Forum Member

All The Way To The Bank ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdesigner View Post
I have done numerous games solo. He processed payment way faster than the regular pay schedule.
Here in the Constitution State we get a 150% fee for solo games. It's in our contract with the Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, our state high school athletics governing body.

All Sub-Varsity: $54.75 x 150% = $82.13
Varsity $84.44 x 150% = $126.66
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)