The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 28, 2000, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

I am not a NF or NCAA ref. I am FIBA carded ref and we are doing some trciky stuff in a national tournament. We are using NF rules. A tech on a player results in 2 shots and possession OR two shots and ball live off the rim (just like FIBA)

------------------
Old Mon Feb 28, 2000, 07:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

quote:
Originally posted by sip on 02-28-2000 04:24 PM
I am not a NF or NCAA ref. I am FIBA carded ref and we are doing some trciky stuff in a national tournament. We are using NF rules. A tech on a player results in 2 shots and possession OR two shots and ball live off the rim (just like FIBA)

Even though I don't like the automatic possession aspect of a technical foul penalty under NF rules, the FEEBLE rule sounds even dumber. But that's another story.

To answer your question, under NF rules, a technical foul results in a two shot penalty with the shooting team also receiving possession at the division line opposite the score table. The AP arrow is unaffected.

Flagrant personals and intentional personals carry the same penalty except the ball is inbounded from the closest OOB spot to where the foul occurred. Also, on any flagrant (personal or technical), the offending player is ejected.

Don't forget, under NF rules, all fouls called against a player count toward his/her five for disqualification and all fouls (except the weird ones called indirect on coaches) count as team fouls toward the bonus. Two technicals or one flagrant is an ejection.

There - I think that about covers it. Anything I missed guys?

Old Tue Feb 29, 2000, 01:37am
In Memoriam

quote:
Originally posted by sip on 02-28-2000 04:24 PM

To expand on Mark's post, also note that Intentional fouls, which can be personal, or technical, require two thr ows and the ball back to the offended team at the nearest sideline point of the foul.

Oh, gees... Mark already said that... sorry

[This message has been edited by mick (edited February 29, 2000).]
Old Tue Feb 29, 2000, 01:41am
Official Forum Member

Why do you hate the the ruling on who gets the ball after a T. I think any team who gets a T should lose the ball In the pro's T 's do not seem to be worth much sense the team that commted the T can have the ball right back. just my 2 cents worth

[This message has been edited by Smoke (edited February 29, 2000).]