View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 28, 2000, 07:38pm
certified Hot Mom tester

quote:
Originally posted by sip on 02-28-2000 04:24 PM
I am not a NF or NCAA ref. I am FIBA carded ref and we are doing some trciky stuff in a national tournament. We are using NF rules. A tech on a player results in 2 shots and possession OR two shots and ball live off the rim (just like FIBA)

Even though I don't like the automatic possession aspect of a technical foul penalty under NF rules, the FEEBLE rule sounds even dumber. But that's another story.

To answer your question, under NF rules, a technical foul results in a two shot penalty with the shooting team also receiving possession at the division line opposite the score table. The AP arrow is unaffected.

Flagrant personals and intentional personals carry the same penalty except the ball is inbounded from the closest OOB spot to where the foul occurred. Also, on any flagrant (personal or technical), the offending player is ejected.

Don't forget, under NF rules, all fouls called against a player count toward his/her five for disqualification and all fouls (except the weird ones called indirect on coaches) count as team fouls toward the bonus. Two technicals or one flagrant is an ejection.

There - I think that about covers it. Anything I missed guys?