The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

WF v. UNC last second sitch

Anybody watch the game? A little under five seconds left, WF was up by two. They were inbounding the ball on the baseline, on NC's end of the court. One of the officials was standing about FT line extended, between Teague and the NC defender (Green?), talking to them. Based on how physical the game had been, I suspect he was telling them both to take it easy. While he was between them the official on the baseline put the ball in play. Without meaning to, the official between Teague and the NC player inadvertently picked the NC defender.

The game struck me as one of the more physical ACC games I'd seen.

- Catherine Aird
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboys View Post
Anybody watch the game? A little under five seconds left, WF was up by two. They were inbounding the ball on the baseline, on NC's end of the court. One of the officials was standing about FT line extended, between Teague and the NC defender (Green?), talking to them. Based on how physical the game had been, I suspect he was telling them both to take it easy. While he was between them the official on the baseline put the ball in play. Without meaning to, the official between Teague and the NC player inadvertently picked the NC defender.

The game struck me as one of the more physical ACC games I'd seen.
I noticed that as well. It sure did make it easier to inbound the ball for Wake.
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Here is the video:
YouTube - Wake Forest vs UNC Tarheels 2009
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 11:28am
Eschew obfuscation.

Wow, I didn't notice that in real time last night as I watched the game, although I did think to myself, "Wow, Teague got open really easily." Maybe should have had a little better eye contact between the officials before administering the ball to the inbounding player?

Side note, why do fans feel the need to rush the court when their team is in the top 5? Act like you've seen it before! I went to Illinois, and I never saw the fans rush the court/field in my 6 years of attendance. I was even on the floor in the Orange Krush in 2005 when Illinois (then #3) beat WF (then #1) at Champaign. There was no rushing of the court, just a really loud Assembly Hall. That's the way it should be.
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

the C was talking to the players and the trail put the ball in play.
at first I thought he was going to stop it, but then he comes up with a foul and it involved both players he was talking to being the Carolina players fifth foul.
Old Tue Jan 13, 2009, 12:30am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschmit View Post
Side note, why do fans feel the need to rush the court when their team is in the top 5? Act like you've seen it before! I went to Illinois, and I never saw the fans rush the court/field in my 6 years of attendance. I was even on the floor in the Orange Krush in 2005 when Illinois (then #3) beat WF (then #1) at Champaign. There was no rushing of the court, just a really loud Assembly Hall. That's the way it should be.
I agree. Another one, when fans start chanting over rated. How about you just start chanting we suck and we beat you. Over rated should be reserved for teams like Indiana this year. If you are rated and get beat by them, you are definately over rated.
Old Tue Jan 13, 2009, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Eye contact, Eye Contact, Eye Contact!!!!!!!

I have a partner, that I work MS age travel team games with, who is always in a huge rush to get the four consecutive games we're working done. I stop him from putting the ball in play at least once per game because I'm waiting for a substitution to be completed.

He's a great guy but he refuses to look at me standing there with my hand up waiting for someone to leave the floor. It's become a running joke between us. I like working with the guy but there's no way I would want to do a HS game with him.
Old Tue Jan 13, 2009, 05:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboys View Post
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

- Catherine Aird
Hey theboys! Nice to see you around. I found a book by Catherine Aird at a used book store, instantly recognized the author's name becaouse of your sig line, and bought it. It isn't really very good, at least not the first two chapters. I just couldn't keep going. Have you read any of her stuff?
Old Wed Jan 14, 2009, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

Hey, Juulie. Good to hear from you, too. I still lurk, I just keep a low profile.

I have to admit, I haven't a clue who Catherine Aird is, but that saying seems to fit some of my less admirable traits. I Figure if I keep that in mind maybe I'd keep my trap shut a little more often. Unfortunately, I think I would be better served if I had a handler who carried a 2x4 to keep me in line.

- Catherine Aird