The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 11, 2009, 08:15am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Smile Players Say the Darndest Things......

JVB game Friday night. A down by 10 middle of the 4th Qtr. B is employing a full court man to man press. A1 inbounds to A2 in the backcourt (A2 must be a linebacker on the football team as well, big/strong kid) who proceeds to make a few dribbles and run right through and over B1 who has good LGP. B1 is knocked down and slides 15 feet down court on his back. Tweet! Player-control foul on A1. Who then says under his breath, “It’s his own fault. Boys, gotta get out of my way when I’m going to the whole.”

Yesterday, B13U Rec Game (a league that has the “always fun” participation rules). W41 comes in and I call three fouls on him in about four minutes! He doesn't appear to be a bad kid, just a bit too aggressive at times (IMO). As I’m reporting his third foul, he walks up to his coach and says, “Coach, I need to come out. I’m in foul trouble.” At which point, I say, “You don’t need to come out. You need to stop fouling.” The coach left him in. Interestingly enough, I can’t recall calling another foul on him the rest of the game……
Old Mon Jan 12, 2009, 08:38pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

I remeber a game about ~10 years ago (4th through 6th grade boys). Our team pretty much has the game wrapped up, so the coach put in some of the reserve players. One of the players picks up two quick fouls so the coach says "[Name]! No more fouls!" Without missing abeat, the player yells back "It's ok, coach. I still have 3 left!".

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball