The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sat Jan 03, 2009, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Church League...Help me God!

This is my 1st post to the forum but have been browsing for a long time and have really enjoyed the expertise that most of you have.

This is my first year as a ref. I have ref'd (4) 7th-8th grade games so far. Loving it and realizing that I have A LOT to learn.

Now back on topic...

I am scheduled to ref some games for the local church league. I have been told by many that this is the worst league as far as sportmanship but it will be a GREAT learning experience for me. One guy even said "if you can tolerate the players in that league, you can handle any coach." I'm nervous. Now, to the actual question... What's the best way to handle arrogance and unsportsmanlike conduct that may come up. Should I immediately start throwing some T's in hope to get things settled down?

I've got some thick skin (i think) so I don't get my feelings hurt, I just want to make sure that ALL involved have a great time.

Thanks for the respected advise.

SK