The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 03, 2002, 08:55pm
Esteemed Participant

Good grief...every time this topic come up you have to make some Barb Jacobs comment. Get over it.
Old Tue Jun 04, 2002, 09:49am
9 times

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
Good grief...every time this topic come up you have to make some Barb Jacobs comment. Get over it.
I second that. If it has been interpreted as the way the rule will be administered, I thought that you, of all people, would defend it to the death.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Tue Jun 04, 2002, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias

The bottom line, however, is that many assignors want the rule to be interpreted that way. So you need to find out from your board interpreter and/or your local assignor how the play is to be called -- and then call it that way.

Chuck
Chuck

I agree with you that if your assignor wants you to call it a certain way, then you need to call it that way.

What frustrates me is assignors or officials that decide to call plays differently from what the casebook specifies. The block/charge call under the basket is a prime example. I have no problem with refs/coaches/players that think that you're not playing defense under the basket and that any calls should be a block on the defense. I'm in the other camp, that you should be able to play defense anywhere on the court. But until the casebook is changed I think that it needs to be called as the case book specifies and not according to our personal preference.

Just a Coach