The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Expert Village Video: Charging (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/50215-expert-village-video-charging.html)

JugglingReferee Tue Dec 09, 2008 01:34pm

Here is another "expert" video.

Pre-game Basketball Referee Duties | Expert Village Videos

JugglingReferee Tue Dec 09, 2008 01:38pm

Entire series:

Basketball Penalties and Their Signals | Expert Village Videos

:eek:

Texref Tue Dec 09, 2008 01:41pm

These are Terrible

This entire video series is terrible. What a waste of bandwidth and time. Oh well, good thing I'm bored at work today and don't have anything else to do:)

JugglingReferee Tue Dec 09, 2008 01:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texref (Post 556719)
This entire video series is terrible. What a waste of bandwidth and time. Oh well, good thing I'm bored at work today and don't have anything else to do:)

I do agree with holding the dog when at work, but I think seeing the video series is good to remind ourselves "what not to do".

refnrev Tue Dec 09, 2008 02:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&M Guy (Post 556429)
Whether a headband is going around the head, or is a hair-control device.

Nevadaref Tue Dec 09, 2008 08:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar's Ghost (Post 556250)
Phew - these guys are nuts.

Dont believe everything you see on the internet. You know that saying 'some village is missing there idiot?' I guess we now know where they all went.

A classic mistake. :D

rockyroad Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:22pm

Anybody recognize the patch this guy has on his jersey in these videos?

Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:37pm

I am sorry for joining this thread late but I just had to add my two cents. I went to ExpertVillage.com and registered with the site; that way I can make comments about what the experts have said. Ain't I a stinker, :D.

I do not know Dave Tyler but according to his ExpertVilliage.com profile he is a MichiganHSAA registered basketball official and a member of the United Federation of Officials. The UFO (no jokes or laughs please) is a MichiganHSAA Approved Officials Association. The President (who was also very instrumental in the founding of UFO) of the UFO is a personal friend of mine; we have officiated women's college basketball and AAU boys' basketball national championships together and he still umpires NCAA Div. I women's fastpitch softball (he is on the MAC staff).

MTD, Sr.

BillyMac Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:52pm

Does This Site Have Any Value ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. (Post 556855)
I went to ExpertVillage.com and registered with the site.

I saved the site as one of my favorite links, but I haven't registered. Give it a few weeks, and please get back to us to let us know if it's worth while.

Did you register by homing pigeon, Pony Express, or Morse Code?